Lots of interesting news today

The corollary to that would be the republicans are all about making money at all costs since they are businessmen.

I believe most of them belong to the uniparty and are all about making money for themselves. It’s an interesting perspective I thought.
Agree on all points.

I believe most of them belong to the uniparty and are all about making money for themselves. It’s an interesting perspective I thought.
I believe @jeepinmatt 's point, which I agree with, is that it doesn't really matter if they are a lawyer or a businessman or a doctor, the "client" is themselves and its a contrived distinction.

Also the author is clearly stilted when he starts off pointing out all the lawyer Dems that have been Presidents, then the later comparison list of Repubs includes a bunch of other representatives but ignores that Dems also have tons of non-lawyers in congress. Cherry picking.

The author of the article, being a lawyer himself, must have thought the perspective of the presidency from that position was interesting. Who knows, I never spoke to him. Of the 19 Republican presidents we've had 9 didn't hold a law degree. Of the 16 Democratic presidents we've had 3 didn't. What does this mean? Politicians and Lawyers both suck in my book but are a necessary evil from time to time. I thought it was an interesting comparison.

The author of the article, being a lawyer himself, must have thought the perspective of the presidency from that position was interesting. Who knows, I never spoke to him. Of the 19 Republican presidents we've had 9 didn't hold a law degree. Of the 16 Democratic presidents we've had 3 didn't. What does this mean? Politicians and Lawyers both suck in my book but are a necessary evil from time to time. I thought it was an interesting comparison.
As a good friend of mine likes to say - Lawyers are like peckers. I love mine; but hate every damn other one

As a good friend of mine likes to say - Lawyers are like peckers. I love mine; but hate every damn other one
in more ways than that.

"We need to know who was dumb enough to buy such an ugly, expensive truck, so you have to keep it for a year!"
I just came across this on the FaceToobs and it actually improves it
1702394086590.png

Back