Lots of interesting news today

"Authorities also looked into the property’s electric bill, which came out to about $3,000 a month along with a high water bill."

That will raise a red flag....
"Man this church must have a kick-ass band that is rockin' all the time!"

Getting one step closer to "student" athletes just being professionals representing a school

Getting one step closer to "student" athletes just being professionals representing a school
I don't pay attention to sports and Hadn't heard about this NIL shit until my college buddy was telling me about it. He's the Chief Medical Officer for VT Football Team and was talking about how much some of the players are making. 6 and 7 figures. One of the team members has a house in the neighbourhood as the head coach. it's fawkin ridiculous!

I don't pay attention to sports and Hadn't heard about this NIL shit until my college buddy was telling me about it. He's the Chief Medical Officer for VT Football Team and was talking about how much some of the players are making. 6 and 7 figures. One of the team members has a house in the neighbourhood as the head coach. it's fawkin ridiculous!
Lets be real. They have been getting paid in scholarships and by alumni for years. College athletes are pros nothing you say will change my mind on that stance.

Lets be real. They have been getting paid in scholarships and by alumni for years. College athletes are pros nothing you say will change my mind on that stance.
This is / will be a whole new level though, at least as far as the compensation level goes.

As for being "pros" - agreed, at least the main sports at the big schools. For most of those folks the sport is their profession - what they do with most of their time, what they are recognized for, etc - not being a student. There is no minimum compensation to be a professional.

It's a simple solution really. No school sports. But people don't like that. John Smith playing football real good had no positive impact on my attainment of an engineering degree, and that's why I went to school. Honestly the focus on sports is a big part of the reason I left NC State after my freshman year.

WTF? he should be in jail w NO bond!
Why would a judge lower a bond for this????!!!! WTF???!!!

Should have raised it and let the POS catch “justice” in the clink.

It's a simple solution really. No school sports. But people don't like that. John Smith playing football real good had no positive impact on my attainment of an engineering degree, and that's why I went to school. Honestly the focus on sports is a big part of the reason I left NC State after my freshman year.
It’s crazy how many engineers I work with put their school in their email signature. And the vast majority of them are from Clemson and say “go tigers”. Next is NC State. I don’t see any UNCC lines in email signatures. I guess those of us that went there went for the academics, no football when I was there.

It’s crazy how many engineers I work with put their school in their email signature. And the vast majority of them are from Clemson and say “go tigers”. Next is NC State. I don’t see any UNCC lines in email signatures. I guess those of us that went there went for the academics, no football when I was there.
Yep. They often rely on that relatability or prestige of their school and the networking that comes with it instead of actual skill and knowledge and talent.

John Smith (or Jarquavius Smith) playing foozeball makes a ton of money
and dang it, thats all that realy matters to the school
not some random engineer that they graduate thousands of (me included)
all we can do is not give them any of our money, which I do not

Why would a judge lower a bond for this????!!!! WTF???!!!

Should have raised it and let the POS catch “justice” in the clink.
Remember that whole "innocent until proven guilty" discussion? :laughing: :laughing:

A dirty deputy AND child sexual exploitation? Thats like the venn diagram of the least liked inmates. He's fucked. Literally.

Remember that whole "innocent until proven guilty" discussion? :laughing: :laughing:

A dirty deputy AND child sexual exploitation? Thats like the venn diagram of the least liked inmates. He's fucked. Literally.
IMG_2871.png

Therefore, should have left the bond so it would sort itself out….

View attachment 408215

Therefore, should have left the bond so it would sort itself out….
Just to be devil's advocate.... bc innocent until prven guilty.... it shouldn't be sorted out yet until after the trial. Hence low bond ensures his day in court. See other discussion.

"Authorities also looked into the property’s electric bill, which came out to about $3,000 a month along with a high water bill."

That will raise a red flag....
a few years ago w bought a property that had been vacant for about a year.Power had been on but rarely used.About two months after we bought it the power company came by to see what was goin on since they were seeing daily usage that was alot more than usual.I understand why but the power was in our name by then.

Trying to impress your coworkers…in the family business? :laughing: I imagine they know how you is already ;)
I was just meaning having a degree but only using the networking connections. I hear people all the time talking about random stuff they remember some professor saying. I'm like, I can't remember shit 😂

I was just meaning having a degree but only using the networking connections. I hear people all the time talking about random stuff they remember some professor saying. I'm like, I can't remember shit 😂
:laughing:
One of my best friends that I still have lu
nch with once a week was in college with me. There are a few things we remember and often quote from certain professors:

Russian Calc3 professor always referred to variables as "deees guy"

Russian Physics2 professor had about 20% of class out on a test day, and when everyone returned, he told us "this is...DEEEzaster!" as if it were the worst thing that ever happened. The class literally laughed at him.

Indian Machine Design professor made us watch a video of a dog show in class one day and then said "dogshow heeeeheeeeheeee"

Also, in our shitty Indian Machine Design book, it had all kinds of janky illustrations. One was "Machinery Transport" and it was a crappy single axle mesh deck lawnmower trailer.

There are a lot of others, but those are the heavy hitters that get used in some form in conversation at least once a month. One of these days I'll pull out the Janky Kumar book of Machine Design and take pics of all the really stupid stuff. I'm pretty sure I have those pages marked since it was the only thing of value in the book :D

Back