Lots of interesting news today

Check out that debris field.
This is just a few miles from me
Yalls emergency response is comical. 78 trucks and 14 agencies for a dude stuck in a tree that climbed down on his own after a neighbor helped.

But 2 guys and a truck when half a neighborhood blows up.
1723387521838.png

Yalls emergency response is comical. 78 trucks and 14 agencies for a dude stuck in a tree that climbed down on his own after a neighbor helped.

But 2 guys and a truck when half a neighborhood blows up.
View attachment 422745
Welcome to Merry-Land

We also have legal weed here, but you can't buy beer anywhere except dedicated booze stores.

People are reporting being woken up by this explosion in towns 10+ miles away and pics of little bits of insulation debris littered all over a parking lot 2 miles away.

Meanwhile the folks on the Aberdeen Proving Ground side of the county are like.... Boom? That was nothin :lol:

I guess we don’t have an Olympics thread since most of us couldn’t even place in the Special Olympics. And I’m not much of a basketball fan or team sports fan in general, but the last 5 minutes of the Team USA basketball game for the medal was something worth watching.

I can't stand to watch NBA, but the Olympics bball was different. It was fun to watch those guys work together.

I guess we don’t have an Olympics thread since most of us couldn’t even place in the Special Olympics. And I’m not much of a basketball fan or team sports fan in general, but the last 5 minutes of the Team USA basketball game for the medal was something worth watching.

NC native Steph Curry was on fire the last few minutes. I think he drained at least 4 three pointers back to back. Fun to watch for sure.

I can't stand to watch NBA, but the Olympics bball was different. It was fun to watch those guys work together.
Olympics is all "ametures" (despite that for some of them, this is pretty much what they do). No professional teams, so the play style is just different. More like NCAA to me.

Olympics is all "ametures" (despite that for some of them, this is pretty much what they do). No professional teams, so the play style is just different. More like NCAA to me.
But it's not... I thought at one point NBA players weren't allowed but they are now.

Laughing at the fact they had to stage a comeback…

-Michael Jordan
Olympic Basketball Dream Team

But it's not... I thought at one point NBA players weren't allowed but they are now.
I believe they have to be former, or not currently on a team?
I'm not sure what the deal is bc we've always been really dominant bc of the various NBA stars

No, they ALL are under contact with teams now.
I believe they have to be former, or not currently on a team?
I'm not sure what the deal is bc we've always been really dominant bc of the various NBA stars

I was about to say... I'm no huge sportsball fan, but damn son... How do you not read any of those names and remember hearing them lately outside of Olympics 🤣

FYI this was in 2021
In Olympic Karate you're not supposed to kick hard enough to KO somebody. It isn't boxing
Well why don’t they make it flag karate or some shit. I thought the point of the martial arts was to neutralize the opponent? Hell, have it on the soccer field so when they flop it’s at least believable…… :stirthepot:

Maybe next time I smash my thumb with a hammer I’ll tell my thumb it’s Olympic hammering so it doesn’t hurt so bad….

yep. clicked on it. the first image is him and the first words utterrd are his name

anlso waiting for the security cam footage of that explosion!
Fair enough. I don’t like the guy either, nor do I care for watching team sports or basketball, but I love watching ’Merica kick everyone else’s butt!

I was about to say... I'm no huge sportsball fan, but damn son... How do you not read any of those names and remember hearing them lately outside of Olympics 🤣
bc I don't pay shit for attention to who is still on a team, retired or wtfever. NCAA is the only basketball I ever pay attention to.

Apparently the Olympics USED to have a requirement that you couldn't be a pro but over time the IOC relaxed the rules to the point that its meaningless today, with the US BBall dream teams being the obvious hallmark.

Last edited:
bc I don't paid shit for attention to who is still on a team, retired or wtfever. NCAA is the only basketball I ever pay attention to.

Apparently the Olympics USED to have a requirement that you couldn't be a pro but over time the IOC relaxed the rules to the point that its meaningless today, with the US BBall dream teams being the obvious hallmark.

"we landed on the moon!!!"

Well why don’t they make it flag karate or some shit. I thought the point of the martial arts was to neutralize the opponent? Hell, have it on the soccer field so when they flop it’s at least believable…… :stirthepot:

Maybe next time I smash my thumb with a hammer I’ll tell my thumb it’s Olympic hammering so it doesn’t hurt so bad….
It's about control, you should have the strength for a KO but the skill to not use it. Anyone can hit hard but moving at full speed and stopping just short of full.contact isn't.

It's about control, you should have the strength for a KO but the skill to not use it. Anyone can hit hard but moving at full speed and stopping just short of full.contact isn't.
Ok, that’s not where I was going with my levity but thanks for the clue in on the LeBron rules.

Another reason I just can’t watch “sports”…. Boring. next!

Last edited:
What a POS sheriff:
“Prayers definitely go out to the family as the system needs to work more to protect innocent people from gun violence.”

How bout keeping violent criminals in jail and away from their prior victims? Sounds like the sheriff failed pretty miserably in this case and is deflecting the blame.

What a POS sheriff:
“Prayers definitely go out to the family as the system needs to work more to protect innocent people from gun violence.”

How bout keeping violent criminals in jail and away from their prior victims? Sounds like the sheriff failed pretty miserably in this case and is deflecting the blame.
just to play devil's advocate here - how is the sherrif the one to point a finger at?
From what I can gather he'd already been in jail 9 months (probably there until trial in July, then served a month plus the prior time). No idea what the sentence was, but the early release/short setence is likely a DA or Judge's fault right?
And then once he's released... what is the sheriff's role? They can strongly suggest the gf GTFO of town but unless she files a restraining order they can't prevent him from going to her as soon as he gets out.
Its a fucked up world and situation but since we value freedom the popo is limited is what they can prevent.

Back