Lots of interesting news today

yea...drive it often. waiting for the day when it closed/bypassed/toll'd/permitted/or otherwise restricted to the common law abiding man due to the actions of a super small few

you know, like all the other beaches in NC

again, I'd like to have a few minutes alone with the idiot

Well that's not a surprise at all

Screenshot_20240730-085445.png

Don't get too froggy just yet. If they file bankruptcy the court can order you to give that money back. Even draft it right out of your checking account if you toss the letters in the trash..... Ask me how I know šŸ˜­
Thats some unamerican shit. Fortunately the last order we had directly with them was in 2021.

On one hand I don't feel like its the .gov's job to regulate at this kind of level, but on the other the fact that its even an issue is rediculous

and on the third hand, there were time I'd pay a fee to specifically NOT have to sit with my kid for a few hours

oh so much sad and pathetic going on here
She complains at how much more the football players get than her, totally ignoring how much more money football brings to the school as compared to track and field.

So let me get this straight...
The Bel Air Volunteer Fire Company, Darlington Volunteer Fire Company, Harford County Department of Emergency Services EMS, Maryland State Police (Aviation Command), and others assisted during the rescue.
All those guys - surprised they didn't also call in the national guard - and the crisis was solved by a neighbor bringing over their own lift?
Also
He suffered minor injuries and was able to climb down the tree under his own power, according to the Bel Air Volunteer Fire Department.
Is he a boat?

Didnā€™t know where to put this but didnā€™t want to make a new thread either.
Oh no, off-road trails might be slick and have obstacles in the way, better close them down.
Sounds like the Nancy-boys on FB that donā€™t want mountain bikes on trails in CLT when it rains.View attachment 422485
I mean - fallen trees aside - can you imagine the orange soupiness?
Bring out the beater Sammie on 31s and go to town!

So let me get this straight...

All those guys - surprised they didn't also call in the national guard - and the crisis was solved by a neighbor bringing over their own lift?
Also

Is he a boat?

Any type of Technical Rescue in my county gets you a three fire agency response minimum, as well as the appropriate EMS response. TR work can require a lot of equipment and manpower. The only out of place agency I see is the MSP Aviation command, but I think MSP runs some life flight birds so they may have been on standby. The "lift" the neighbor let them use looks like a telehandler type machine they used to either help lift equipment or stabilize something in the tree. Best guess is the guy got stuck between a limb and a hard place and they had to hoist the limb off him to free him. We had a similar incident at my old FD a year or two ago, they called in a professional arborist to help out.

Duane

Any type of Technical Rescue in my county gets you a three fire agency response minimum, as well as the appropriate EMS response. TR work can require a lot of equipment and manpower. The only out of place agency I see is the MSP Aviation command, but I think MSP runs some life flight birds so they may have been on standby. The "lift" the neighbor let them use looks like a telehandler type machine they used to either help lift equipment or stabilize something in the tree. Best guess is the guy got stuck between a limb and a hard place and they had to hoist the limb off him to free him. We had a similar incident at my old FD a year or two ago, they called in a professional arborist to help out.

Duane
Yea, here anything TR or HazMat gets 4 FDs, Rescue Squad, Medic Unit, Medic Supervisor, SD, and SHP.

A lot of folks don't realize how labor intensive and often equipment intensive a TR scene can get. Often times, one unit or dept won't have all the equipment and manpower to get the job done. And a lot of times, even all those depts may not have the one obscure (to emergency services) thing that's needed. I've been on several calls where a member has had to go get a piece of farm equipment to get something done.

I can relate. Long before there were shared frequencies I was the poor slob relaying messsges between Federal Marshals, RPD, SBI, and SHP one election night in the early 80ā€™s. As the winning candidate got into the elevator to come down and accept the Marshalā€™s batteries died. Both of them. Fun stuff. :cool:

Yea, here anything TR or HazMat gets 4 FDs, Rescue Squad, Medic Unit, Medic Supervisor, SD, and SHP.

A lot of folks don't realize how labor intensive and often equipment intensive a TR scene can get. Often times, one unit or dept won't have all the equipment and manpower to get the job done. And a lot of times, even all those depts may not have the one obscure (to emergency services) thing that's needed. I've been on several calls where a member has had to go get a piece of farm equipment to get something done.
I learned something new today

I guess we donā€™t have an Olympics thread since most of us couldnā€™t even place in the Special Olympics. And Iā€™m not much of a basketball fan or team sports fan in general, but the last 5 minutes of the Team USA basketball game for the medal was something worth watching.

Back