Lots of interesting news today

just to play devil's advocate here - how is the sherrif the one to point a finger at?
From what I can gather he'd already been in jail 9 months (probably there until trial in July, then served a month plus the prior time). No idea what the sentence was, but the early release/short setence is likely a DA or Judge's fault right?
And then once he's released... what is the sheriff's role? They can strongly suggest the gf GTFO of town but unless she files a restraining order they can't prevent him from going to her as soon as he gets out.
Its a fucked up world and situation but since we value freedom the popo is limited is what they can prevent.
I agree with pretty much everything you said, but the sheriff needs to be called out because he is clearly being a political opportunist to blame “gun violence” instead of “the worthless piece of shit that shot his own child”

just to play devil's advocate here - how is the sherrif the one to point a finger at?
From what I can gather he'd already been in jail 9 months (probably there until trial in July, then served a month plus the prior time). No idea what the sentence was, but the early release/short setence is likely a DA or Judge's fault right?
And then once he's released... what is the sheriff's role? They can strongly suggest the gf GTFO of town but unless she files a restraining order they can't prevent him from going to her as soon as he gets out.
Its a fucked up world and situation but since we value freedom the popo is limited is what they can prevent.
"Additionally, on July 15, 2024, Daquan Jones was charged with felony assault inflicting serious bodily injury for allegedly assaulting Massenburg. Police said Daquan Jones punched Massenburg in the face during that altercation, knocking out her teeth and fracturing her nose." He was released less than 6 weeks later and killed them within hours.

Why do so many people support the tax proposal of not taxing tips for service workers? It’s their income! I hate all taxes my self but if I have to pay them so should a bartender or server who makes money too. I know several people who make 6 figures serving and bartending. And skip out on taxes. Hell my wife served for many years until she got into her career. Probably made as much if not more by the hour. I’m disgusted every time I look at my payroll taxes. I know them paying won’t help mine get any lower, but it’s crazy

Why do so many people support the tax proposal of not taxing tips for service workers? It’s their income! I hate all taxes my self but if I have to pay them so should a bartender or server who makes money too. I know several people who make 6 figures serving and bartending. And skip out on taxes. Hell my wife served for many years until she got into her career. Probably made as much if not more by the hour. I’m disgusted every time I look at my payroll taxes. I know them paying won’t help mine get any lower, but it’s crazy
It’s honestly just a tax proposal to get the votes from the lower class that usually work these industries.

"Additionally, on July 15, 2024, Daquan Jones was charged with felony assault inflicting serious bodily injury for allegedly assaulting Massenburg. Police said Daquan Jones punched Massenburg in the face during that altercation, knocking out her teeth and fracturing her nose." He was released less than 6 weeks later and killed them within hours.

just another obvious example that the polcie, DA, and judges do not care about your or your familes safety. its just a game. the sheep have voted for an ever growing gov't and police presences while at the same time voting for less self-governance, self respect, and personal responisbilty laws.

we get what we want, i guess

... 9 months after arrest. Wanna bet he waited in jail?
They probably counted time served...?
Either way, it's not the Sheriff that makes that decision.

also, time served... for a new felony assault charge?
Its common to count the time while waiting trial if it was spent encarcerated.
Complete speculation

Hold on, I think there's either a fault in the article or in the reading... I read the article to say he was arrested in Nov for threats and then charged in July for a separate felony assault incident. It isn't clear that he was in jail for those 9 months, although doesn't say where he was. The point I'm making is he was only incarcerated ~month since the July incident when he knocked her teeth out...

Well, at least we all agree he should have just shot himself first and made it simple for everyone else. That's what I always hate about these murder-suicides. If they'd just plan a suicide-murder instead, it would work out better for everyone.

"Several commissioners noted that Robinson and Scott’s presentation on safety was heavy on physical safety measures and asked what leaders were doing to address violence prevention, conflict resolution or students’ social and emotional needs."

so when are 'we' just gonna give up and not expect parents to do any work in raising their kids? sure would save a bunch of time on these meetings.

why not just go ahead and give all the tax dollars to the kids? we seem to be walking fast towards even more free stuff.

why won't we just think of the kids?!

Back