Lots of interesting news today

"These two ice masses combined hold enough frozen water to raise global mean sea level by 65 meters if they were to suddenly melt."
Uh, wut?
That's 213ft. And there's a metric shit ton more surface of the earth that is sea instead of land. Without doing any math, this is clearly way off, and total fear mongering.

Apparently it is true.

How would sea level change if glaciers melted?

There are mountains of ice 10,000 ft high on Antarctica.

"These two ice masses combined hold enough frozen water to raise global mean sea level by 65 meters if they were to suddenly melt."
Uh, wut?
That's 213ft. And there's a metric shit ton more surface of the earth that is sea instead of land. Without doing any math, this is clearly way off, and total fear mongering.
Actually thats about right.
Those two masses hold something like 90% of all of the fresh water in the world. Remember, we are talking about a continent of mass, with peaks miles high, and the majority of it hidden beliw the ocean surface.
Sea level rise from melting glaciers is a very real thing.

Now.... its not going to happen all at once, as that statement implies; every year, some melts, thenvsone re-freezes back on, so thecshort term loss is much worse than the long term.
Also, theres clearly been some conflation between melting of a specific ice shelf body, as originally described in the article, and the whoke continental body.

Apparently it is true.

How would sea level change if glaciers melted?

There are mountains of ice 10,000 ft high on Antarctica.
Actually thats about right.
Those two masses hold something like 90% of all of the fresh water in the world. Remember, we are talking about a continent of mass, with peaks miles high, and the majority of it hidden beliw the ocean surface.
Sea level rise from melting glaciers is a very real thing.

Now.... its not going to happen all at once, as that statement implies; every year, some melts, thenvsone re-freezes back on, so thecshort term loss is much worse than the long term.
Also, theres clearly been some conflation between melting of a specific ice shelf body, as originally described in the article, and the whoke continental body.
If I find some time, I'll crunch some rough order of magnitude numbers, but I believe Antarctica is something like 5 million square miles, and the oceans are 150 million. Plus, if sea level rises even a few feet, the surface area of the ocean expands, requiring more volume to effect the same rise. I guess the bottom line is that I just don't trust agenda science.

If I find some time, I'll crunch some rough order of magnitude numbers, but I believe Antarctica is something like 5 million square miles, and the oceans are 150 million. Plus, if sea level rises even a few feet, the surface area of the ocean expands, requiring more volume to effect the same rise. I guess the bottom line is that

" .......I just don't trust agenda science."

...especially when the scientists and politicians are seeking to make $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ off the regulations and bans etc. and using scare tactics to force it on the peons. The world has had booms and busts forever w climate,plagues,disease,famine,wars,deforesting,droughts,floods etc.I think the earth can only sustain a finite # of humans, and now and then the there comes a reset.

Last edited:
If I find some time, I'll crunch some rough order of magnitude numbers, but I believe Antarctica is something like 5 million square miles, and the oceans are 150 million. Plus, if sea level rises even a few feet, the surface area of the ocean expands, requiring more volume to effect the same rise. I guess the bottom line is that I just don't trust agenda science.
I bet if agenda science told you that motorboating some tig ol' bitties every day made you live longer you'd trust it.

I bet if agenda science told you that motorboating some tig ol' bitties every day made you live longer you'd trust it.
Confirmation bias me to death!

Last edited:
Back