Lumber prices and alternatives

Yeah, I think that's where I'm at. Might lay the slab and then... ...wait.
I'm thinking build a metal shell building, then frame it out inside later

Futures prices have fallen by about 40% in the last week.

That's good...

....right? :confused:

Yeah, it's still high from where it was 6-12 mos ago, but the retail prices should start coming back down in the next few weeks as supplies stabilize.

Meanwhile, I paid $250 for a couple of shelving boards and some 1x that I needed "right now". :rolleyes:

Went to Lowe’s today. 19 dollars for a treated 4x4x8. :eek:
Refused to pay 13 for two of them last week. Really need them, but yesterday a.m. they were 17.50. Nope. I got some 6x6 already that I will make work.

I got a stack of 2x10 and 2x12 at 14 and 16 ft... ought to put on CL and double my money.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Refused to pay 13 for two of them last week. Really need them, but yesterday a.m. they were 17.50. Nope. I got some 6x6 already that I will make work.
Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

My mill direct cost on them is $15.96 ea. I'm talking full TT load mixed with other stock. No middle man.

Any suggestions on where to find a 20ft wood power pole? Lowe’s, HD are 2 to 3 months out, and a couple of local places haven’t returned my voicemails. Charlotte, Denver, Lincolnton area would be ideal.

Seen a few listed on marketplace recently

Screenshot_20200923-155644.png

That is weird, I can’t find that ad any way I type it.

That is weird, I can’t find that ad any way I type it.
Search "Nathan Pilgrim" and it should be the only result if it works like mine:
upload_2020-9-23_16-48-0.png

Anyone seeing any relief in the prices yet? I really need to start my 16 x 40 RV shed :rolleyes:

I guess I should update, my land neighbor ended up with an extra telephone/power pole so he gave it to us! Lucked out.

Anyone seeing any relief in the prices yet? I really need to start my 16 x 40 RV shed :rolleyes:

It's dropping fast. 2x4, OSB and subfloor is still inflated. But framing, PT and FRT dimensional has dropped 30-40% at the mills.
I've lost my ass on 2x10 and 2x12 that we bought a month ago when it was high.
New mill reports drop tomorrow and I can see if the trend continues or if we have hit a plateau

Thank you for that, and good timing. I have been meaning to post to see if there are any updates.

It's dropping fast. 2x4, OSB and subfloor is still inflated. But framing, PT and FRT dimensional has dropped 30-40% at the mills.
I've lost my ass on 2x10 and 2x12 that we bought a month ago when it was high.
New mill reports drop tomorrow and I can see if the trend continues or if we have hit a plateau

Yesssss..... Well not so much on the "losing your ass" part.

I might have to start this garage build sometime soon. Right after the HVAC replacement, so I can remove the gas line and gas meter (where the slab will sit).

Thank you for that, and good timing. I have been meaning to post to see if there are any updates.

Yesssss..... Well not so much on the "losing your ass" part.

I might have to start this garage build sometime soon. Right after the HVAC replacement, so I can remove the gas line and gas meter (where the slab will sit).

I literally called a contractor after seeing the updates to this thread.

Back