Lunch in/around High Point today

I'm sure we could put something together in 2020 during a weekend. No doubt.

Just a few hours now... :bounce:

I have tried this, there is a recent thread about it. Lots and lots of interest but I have hit a wall trying to coordinate the venue at Uwharrie. Frustrated about it is an understatement, and after some info about events in that area being released last night I’m actually boiling mad about it. I am giving myself some time before I reach out again about it, as I need to gather myself before I say anything.

https://www.nc4x4.com/forum/threads/nc4x4-bash-get-together.194829/

I'm not authorized to access this page

Ahhh.. that’s because it’s in the Garage and you have to be a paid member to access that section. Go over to your account settings and fork out the $5.50 via PayPal to support the forum and you’ll start seeing all kinds of new stuff! Lol

I have tried this, there is a recent thread about it. Lots and lots of interest but I have hit a wall trying to coordinate the venue at Uwharrie. Frustrated about it is an understatement, and after some info about events in that area being released last night I’m actually boiling mad about it. I am giving myself some time before I reach out again about it, as I need to gather myself before I say anything.

https://www.nc4x4.com/forum/threads/nc4x4-bash-get-together.194829/

At this rate we just need to schedule it at Kairos

At this rate we just need to schedule it at Kairos

Not a terrible idea! Plenty to do there for everyone even if they don’t wheel. Hiking, biking, fishing/paddling. Campground is super nice so if people just wanted to relax and hang out all day they’d be in the woods!

I’m here at the viva chicken (traffic was way lighter than I thought) Place is pretty dead so far so should be able to fit everyone that shows. Did anyone arrange for a group seating?

FWIW my wife and I are the ones with the service dog @Bebop

It was awesome to meet you guys !

We definitely need to make this happen again ! Hopefully all hang out on the trails at some point too. Kairos seems very interresting.

IMG-5055.jpg

IMG-5060.jpg
Let's give this a shot for some faces / screennames...I don't have them all but here we go...

From L to R we've got @Bebop, @AK47Farms, @skyhighZJ, @Bebop, @AK47Farms, @skyhighZJ, @drkelly , @RenegadeT, @doc, @adamk, @Chris_Keziah, @rcalexander105, @CasterTroy, @Desertfox1023 and @77GreenMachine

Last edited:
FWIW, we had a mini Charlotte NC4x4 lunch today with me and @SPOA87YJ. Didn't even know it was gonna happen. That's twice in 2 months I believe.

FWIW, we had a mini Charlotte NC4x4 lunch today with me and @SPOA87YJ. Didn't even know it was gonna happen. That's twice in 2 months I believe.
Yall should come down to rock hill and have lunch with me and @palmetto zuk . Im jealous of these jerks and their luncheons.

Is Burgers & Barley across from Winthrop still good? Was passing through a couple years ago and had a thanksgiving burger and it was damn tasty.
Honestly never been there. Ive heard it was good but that building used to be a "nightclub" that I made many bad choices in and I just haven't brought myself to walk back through the doors.

Yall should come down to rock hill and have lunch with me and @palmetto zuk . Im jealous of these jerks and their luncheons.
Could y'all make it up to Fort Mill? I ain't got time to drive to Rock Hill. Somebody's gotta do the work, and it don't happen when I'm gone.

Could y'all make it up to Fort Mill? I ain't got time to drive to Rock Hill. Somebody's gotta do the work, and it don't happen when I'm gone.
I can. @palmetto zuk works for the empire so it may be harder for him. Im inspired by this but too lazy to organize.

I can. @palmetto zuk works for the empire so it may be harder for him. Im inspired by this but too lazy to organize.
Im game i can get away. I need to go back and read the thread to see what exactly im agreeing to however im game.

Back