Mahindra Roxor

JH built one for the 4600 race at KOH.

These should be a decent platform for some rec wheelin
I will be racing against Jesse at KOH. He sure did put some nice parts on it

Jesse was actually sleeping under this thing when I took the photo. At first I thought someone was working on it :lol:
15BE3F40-2D4B-4070-9172-5E6E528D2D8A.jpeg

Portals with 4.10 geared Toyota 8” centers. Stock leaf springs and some high dollar resi shocks. It should be plenty capable in the rocks. I’ll just be surprised to see if the drivetrain holds up.

I think his crutch (and an advantage, at times, as well) is the small diesel he has to run.
I read a post online that says you can get 150hp out of that motor with only a few mods. I think he will surprise a lot of people.

I love this build & I wish I could build portals :( Portals with SUA leaves and good shocks, a good cage, good rubber. Simplicity. Might only go 50mph flat out, but it will probably feel like 100.

One of the questions I have, these are identical (or DURN close) to CJ series, same factory panels,etc. I am wondering how hard it is to simply swap in a CJ grill!? I suspect HIGHLY that is one were to say own one of these AND say an older CJ2 CJ3, etc and had tags for such a beast that very few people would know. (Especially if said grill was to be swapped!!) Not advocating anything naturally but as a 1946 Willys CJ2a owner it does beg the question heh!!!

https://jalopnik.com/heres-how-similar-the-mahindra-roxor-is-to-an-old-jeep-1823474555

After looking at these, and what I remember of the 60 model CJ5 I owned along time ago, I dont think the dimensions are even close.

I'm winding down a 69 cj5 resto for a customer. I wonder if the power train would swap over. Very interesting. I'll have to pull some measurements to see how these compare to the old short hood cjs
What is the price tag on these.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm winding down a 69 cj5 resto for a customer. I wonder if the power train would swap over. Very interesting. I'll have to pull some measurements to see how these compare to the old short hood cjs

The ones I looked at were around $20k. You can supposedly get them cheaper, but the dealer I looked at had only "loaded" ones.

The most Recent JP Magazine has specs on it comparing many parts to the CJ7. May be worth your time.

One of the questions I have, these are identical (or DURN close) to CJ series, same factory panels,etc. I am wondering how hard it is to simply swap in a CJ grill!? I suspect HIGHLY that is one were to say own one of these AND say an older CJ2 CJ3, etc and had tags for such a beast that very few people would know. (Especially if said grill was to be swapped!!) Not advocating anything naturally but as a 1946 Willys CJ2a owner it does beg the question heh!!!

https://jalopnik.com/heres-how-similar-the-mahindra-roxor-is-to-an-old-jeep-1823474555

i dont think anyone (DMV or insurance) would know the difference between a Roxor and a restomod CJ

DIRT LEGAL

I saw them in person this weekend at Detroit Auto show, they are LEGIT!! One of the pathes to driving "on street" is DIRT LEGAL folks who can get you a tag for your atv / utv etc. And I LOVE their "classic grill" for the ROXOR!! There is very little doubt in my mind when it comes time to own a side by side this is what I will have. Throw in the lockers front and rear and this is a ez rock crawler.

Base price of $16k I would add the soft top, winch, lockers and "heater/defrost" and then explore what the crawl ratio is.

Check out this one off trailer too, they built it for the show from rear of their tub and custom frame, and hydra lift.

IMG_1831.jpg

It appears the cycle dealer off of I-40 at Valdese area exit has them lined up in from of their place. Looked like it from the interstate anyway.

Back