[Mar 5, 2013] Richland Trail Ride 4/13 near Boone, NC (Boone, North Carolina)

Corigirlloves

Lady Jeeper
Hey guys!

There will be a trail ride near Boone NC, on a trail called Richland Trail on April 13th. I don't know much about the trail except that it will be a good time. People will be meeting at the Wal-Mart off 321 around 11am, and waiting around for about 15-20 minutes and then heading to the trail. The trail is about 20 minutes from wal-mart and I'm not sure how long the actual trail is. If you have further questions, this guy can answer them for ya.

thats my stomping grounds! Are you meeting at the walmart in Lenoir or Boone? I would be coming from Lenoir area. Im assuming you are going in the entrance on the 321 side and not the back way from samson road. Will try to meet up with my local group with you guys if coming in on the 321 side. The trail itself isnt real long but you get a big group together and it can easily turn into a all day event with the playgrounds and hill climbs by the time everybody trys them. sounds like a good time so let me know and ill get some rigs together. Also, make sure all rigs are taged because it is still a state road even know it is not maintained as one anymore. You will accasionally run into the po-po checking people and stirring shit up!

I thought this place was on the non-legal places to wheel list???
The road itself is legal (and challenging in places). All of the private property off to either side is illegal. Its a fun ride and interesting way to get from Lenoir to Blowing Rock.

The road itself is legal (and challenging in places). All of the private property off to either side is illegal. Its a fun ride and interesting way to get from Lenoir to Blowing Rock.

^this. The "playground" and the creek are on private property. Choose wisely.

We go up there all the time an have run it to some of the land owners I had a bag of trash I had picked up they never said anything out of the way to us but we stay on main trail

Is it real tuff or could a stock TJ with 2.5 lift and 32's make it
You may have a tough time getting on the trailhead,after that you will be good. If you cant do the side hillclimbs or playground then it wont be that fun,imo. Then again just getting into the woods is fun.

Is it real tuff or could a stock TJ with 2.5 lift and 32's make it
this would be a great place for your rig! Mostly good trail riding and a few places that are tough but that tj will be right at home. Have led many of stock rigs less equipped through there.

The main trail goes through the playground and if the playground is private then which way do u go??

I've been going there since I was 5 or 6 years old. Actually you have to turn off of the main trail to the right if your coming from the Aho end and turn off of the main trail to the left if your coming in from Hwy 321 to actually enter the playgorund. Most people don't take the actual main trail around the playground but it's there.

would like to know if your meeting in Lenior Walmart or Boone Walmart because I would like to go. Just need to know where to meet

I would assume that its the walmart in lenior. Its more than 20 min from the one in Boone to Richland rd. and the O.P is from Asheville.

yo peeps. this sounds cool. haven't been out there in long time but now have a cherokee on 38s, welded rear, Doubler will be on by then I hope, and such so i'll definately be there. is this a for sure thing on the 13th and which way are yall entering, through 321 going up it or parkway/bamboo going down it? thats the best way i know to describe it. one way before blowing rock goes up and the other way at bamboo rd/parkway entrance goes down it. someone from boone whose going for sure call me and lets go over details. Peace and look forward to this. John 828-217-0730

hey so whats the latest new on this trail ride, is it happening for sure and wheres the meet in boone or Lenoir?

Date: April 13th
Black Bear General store
(put address in google maps, its that easy)
Time: Arrive between 11:00am and 11:15am
at 11:15am we take off to the trail. (if youre late, call for directions. (704) 671-8313)

This is all the information I have recieved as an update, that is the guy's number that planned it. I am trying to get work to schedule me off on this date to be able to attend, if so, there will be a gang all driving together from the WNC area. :lol:

Hello everyone.
the meeting spot was changed to somewhere MUCH closer ( so we have more gas for fun :D)
The General store on 321 is literally a block from richland trail, which is a state road that turns in to the trail. The trail a little tough in some spots for a stock jeep (which i have) and ive been a few times and had a blast everytime. i love a good challenge :)
we're going in from the 321 side.
If every one could text me thats going with there first and last name so i could get a general idea of how many are going.
(704) 671-8313

Last edited:
I'm going to be in the area that day and was hoping to find a spot to take my stock 2012 JKU. Can I join you guys? Is this workable for a novice with a stock vehicle?

The people that run that general store will threaten you with calling the cops, and tell you Richland is private property. You'll be much better off meeting at Walmart.

The people that run that general store will threaten you with calling the cops, and tell you Richland is private property. You'll be much better off meeting at Walmart.
I agree. I haven't been there in 7 years or so and don't know if this is a good idea but IDK, whats the word yall. I hear it's like crazy illegal nowadays.....I want to go trust me i need a descent trail ride, but lots of people saying it's not good idea....

you guys consider going in through the Bamboo road/parkway entrance because nobody knows and nobody there to see anything because that end is totally open to the public like a regular road and it takes you all through it. i've gone in that entrance with wife and kids a few months back just a little ways down the trail to just ride in the woods and it's a very easy safe entrance; don't know if it's illegal but seems open to public going in that way...??..maybe that would work. let us know if this is going to happen and what safe route is going on.

i spoke to the guy that runs it and he said it was completley alright. i will be calling him the day before to verify that with it. IF there is a change in plans it will be posted on the forums and anyone that gives me their number will be called or texted (based on your preference)
im the one planning this and all the arragements are being made for the meeting. Do not worry the guy is really nice...he will not shoot you lol
if you have any questions call or text me at (704) 671-8313

Ive been through the trail several times and no one has said anything, ive meet people on the trail too. The man that owns the property has "private property" signs in the beginning but as long as you stay on the trial youre fine. he has the signs up for hunters.
the trail can be done in a 2006 tj COMPLETELY STOCK and didnt have any trouble till i hit the much harder stuff

i do not want to pressure anyone to go. and i understand the concern. please do as you think is right

828-217-0730 call me as soon as you know for sure if this is going down. now are you going in Lenoir end and coming out Bamboo end or turning back around to head out same way?

Back