[Mar 5, 2013] Richland Trail Ride 4/13 near Boone, NC (Boone, North Carolina)

will do
im thinking about going through lenior and coming out bamboo but i can never remember how to get back to 321 from the end of the trail. my buddy always leads the trail. i dont know if hes going to be able to make this run though some im going to have to figure something else out

well, it's pretty easy to get out the bamboo way and I could lead anyone out that way since i go home that way. it comes out on parkway, turn left on parkway, go to exit of 321 towards blowing rock and that's it. i remember always being a straight shot from the playgrounds all the way out to bamboo exit without any turns so it's pretty simple from what I remember. Since you're in Boone, do I know you by chance. I'm the guy with big yellow ASU jeep but sold that and now with another XJ to actually toy with, not for looks.

would you mind leading this adventure if my buddy isnt able to make it?
yeah! ive seen the ASU jeep around a lot. thats how my jeep will be but not for a while
im the guy with the little black stocker TJ. has APP windshield decal and ASU plate in the front

well call me closer to the date and lets meet up first, i just want to make sure I'm not going to be the only guy showing up that day in lenoir. the entrance I'm a little foggy on as far as how to get in exactly, been long time since i was there.

My buddy that i go wheeling with has to work until 12, so we will probably come up after that. We are about an hour from the trail.

I'll keep updated but I'm either going to go to this or save up to go to the Flats on 19th so don't know yet. This is more ideal and drivable but the Flats would be more challenging and such so i'll keep up to date as we get closer. Glad to hear so many people going.

WOOOHOOOO!!!! Boone is getting around 10" or so of snow tonight through Wednesday. Sounds good guys. Hope to make it!!!

Date: April 13th
Black Bear General store
(put address in google maps, its that easy)
Time: Arrive between 11:00am and 11:15am
at 11:15am we take off to the trail. (if youre late, call for directions. (704) 671-8313)

the meeting spot was changed to somewhere MUCH closer ( so we have more gas for fun :D)
The General store on 321 is literally a block from richland trail, which is a state road that turns in to the trail. The trail a little tough in some spots for a stock jeep (which i have) and ive been a few times and had a blast everytime. i love a good challenge :)
we're going in from the 321 side.
If every one could text me thats going with there first and last name so i could get a general idea of how many are going.
(704) 671-8313

I scouted this yesterday, going up Richland Rd from 321. At Phoebe Lane, where you veer to the right and through the creek, there is now a nice new bridge, with a PRIVATE sign, and on the other side of the bridge is a stop sign, with a "private road" sign.

Doesn't matter. Richland Rd is still a public "maintained" road. Richland Rd was classified as a graded and drained road up until the 1970's. Now it is considered a primitive unimproved road from the creek crossing with the new bridge all the way back to Sampson rd. We are always concerned about illegal wheeling and giving us a bad name, so if you guys are really worried about it that much give a call to the Caldwell county sheriffs dept. Its not the first time people have called them up about it. I dealt with the people up there for 10+ years working for the electric coop. They have always been a pain. It was nice of them to build a nice private bridge for the road though.

I have a friend that knows some of the property owners well. And has their permission. we should be going, so anyone coming dn the mtn we can meet in morganton and head that way

Rode in and checked it out from the Aho side today but didn't got too far because I had never been before and was by myself. I went down Sampson rd to penely rd and down that a ways before I turned around. I'll try to meet up and go with everyone on the 13th

Hey guys won't be making it having some serious Jeep issues and I need to make sure I can drive it daily and have it ready for April 20th. Hope to catch the next trail ride and hope y'all have fun!

Sent from the Delta Quadrant

HELLO EVERYONE!!
T-minus 5 days and counting till the trail run. I am super excited to meet all of you as this is my first big group trail run.
Everything is still schedule as before.
Meet at 4565 Blowing Rock Blvd, Lenoir, NC Black Bear General store, between 11:00 and 11:15 am, we will be leaving the general store at 11:15 or around there depending on how talkative we all get.If for any reason you get there and see no one, try calling my number (704-671-8313) to find your way to the trail.

Everyone, try texting or calling me so I will have your number in case there is a change in plans (plan for the best, expect the worst) or there is any new info that is important to you or the entire group.
And please feel free to text or call day or night for any questions or concerns. If you are sent to voice mail then I am probably in class, leave a voicemail and I will return your call as soon as possible.

Ill be there as far as ik unless something happens and ill have 2 or 3 others with me @d.restrepo I'm the one that was texting u earlier today from wrangler forum

Ok so I have a quick question, I have heard and been told that there are some obstacles off of the sides of the trails for those of us with bigger more built jeeps, but then I am reading that the land off of the trail is private property, so does this mean that these harder sections are not legal to go onto?

I wish I could make it, I'll be in the area the 11 and 12 on vacation from Raleigh. Is there anyone that would want to meet me there the 11 or 12? I'd like to check the trail out while I'm there but a little worried about going alone.

Ok so I have a quick question, I have heard and been told that there are some obstacles off of the sides of the trails for those of us with bigger more built jeeps, but then I am reading that the land off of the trail is private property, so does this mean that these harder sections are not legal to go onto?

Yes, that is exactly what it means. The trail itself is legal. You have 15 feet either side of the trail to turn around or move over.
The "playground" and the creek are on private property and unless you have permission from the owner of the property you would be trasspassing.

Yes, that is exactly what it means. The trail itself is legal. You have 15 feet either side of the trail to turn around or move over.
The "playground" and the creek are on private property and unless you have permission from the owner of the property you would be trasspassing.

Ok so basically this is a trail for stock jeeps to play on and I would prolly be bored since we can't go onto the obstacles and I have been told that the main trail is basicly just an old road? Just don't wanna drive 2.5 hrs and be bored if there isn't any challenges that I can go on legally

Back