[Mar 5, 2013] Richland Trail Ride 4/13 near Boone, NC (Boone, North Carolina)

Should be a fun trip!! I can't wait! Its been 6 yrs since ive gone off roading. I just got my xj a month ago and I gotta see what it can do!

Tomorrows so close!!
Tonight, be sure the vehicles are in working order, geared up and ready to go. bring some water or drinks, some snacks if you want. Also could everyone bring some trash bags for us and in case there is trash on the trail we can do our part and clean up a little.

If theres any last minute questions, dont hesitate to ask on here or text me.

See you all tomorrow!!

The "road" is open and legal. The landowners don't want folks back there, so they put up "No tresspassing" signs even though it's a public road. Don't worry. Have fun!!

I've been out there many times and never had a problem. There a few rocky, technical sections but even the mild parts are beautiful. If you have the chance, go.

And the folks at that General Store are assholes. Don't spend a penny there. They're nosy, uninformed, rude, liars and nasty bitches .

And the folks at that General Store are assholes. Don't spend a penny there. They're nosy, uninformed, rude, liars and nasty bitches .

I second this, that place sucks. They made me pay to use the bathroom, and then had an outrageous minimum on debit card purchases (something like 7 dollars)...crazy

Maybe in the past the owners were like that but i have spoken to them in person and they are nice people. I've spoken to them several times about meeting in their parking lot and will be calling them later today to confirm that we can meet there

Maybe in the past the owners were like that but i have spoken to them in person and they are nice people. I've spoken to them several times about meeting in their parking lot and will be calling them later today to confirm that we can meet there

Is there new ownership? Do the "owners" actaully work full time at the store?

I got nothing with your link. sorry i couldnt make it. I was wanting to meet a few of you guys. maybe next time.

here is some photos i got on my cell phone sorry for the finger in half the pics lol 2013-04-13 12.18.21.jpg2013-04-13 12.18.44.jpg2013-04-13 12.18.49.jpg2013-04-13 12.19.24.jpg2013-04-13 12.19.34.jpg2013-04-13 14.11.10.jpg2013-04-13 14.11.28.jpg2013-04-13 14.11.42.jpg2013-04-13 14.11.50.jpg2013-04-13 14.11.55.jpg

And the creek they were driving up in the first set of pics....................
I was under the impression that everywhere we went was legal. But it was also my first time being there. I'll take off the creek pics just avoid flack

I was under the impression that everywhere we went was legal. But it was also my first time being there. I'll take off the creek pics just avoid flack

It's several miles of "road" but the rule of thumb i follow is we have 15 feet on the sides of the main road. If you get off that road more than 15' you are tresspassing. Obviously, that's not right 100% of the time.

You didn't know and it's pretty clear you're not the first one to go off trail.

Back