March 19th / 20th 2016 URE OHV work weekend.

krzyabncanuck

BLM HOTSHOT
THIS WORKDAY IS ONLY THE 19TH AND 20TH. IF YOU SEE ANY OTHER DAYS THEY ARE NOT CORRECT. I AM THE ONE THAT SET THIS UP SO I KNOW .

MEETING PLACE BOTH MORNINGS IS GROUP CAMP, NOT HUNT CAMP. TOO MANY FOLKS COMING AND NEED A BIGGER MEETING PLACE.

know this is a ways out but I am going to start this now to give folks a heads up early.

We are doing a march work weekend to try to get more stuff done / have a good time camping.

We will be concentrating on Daniel trail. it needs a lot of work this year.

W already have Group camp booked for the Friday night thru Monday morning.

Shawn and Cydney have already stepped up to help with chow ( food) for Saturday.

I ( thru FOU as its COO ) have already gathered a few different places to sponsor us with different things. I will say more the closer we get but I know of a few that want to be kept quiet. Dicks Sporting goods has stepped up.

I will update this thread as I get more info.

Thanks.

Last edited:
uploadfromtaptalk1452707870588.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1452707883539.jpg

Warn has stepped up again this year to sponsor the workdays.

Nice! If any ingredients and/or line cook help are needed feel free to drop me a message or email.

Jonathan
We will be doing this cubscout style! I crack 2 eggs in a ziplock bag, you go down the line add in what you want then drop into the bowling water in the big pot. Easy peasy with little clean up...

I will try to make this one! It's been a couple of years since I have made one of these. Always a good time of investment in my opinion with like minded people who plain enjoy the outdoors.

Do you know what the schedule will be yet? Working all day Saturday and Sunday? I'm going to try to get a group from Mid Carolina Jeepers up there.

We will start both days around 0900 and end both probably around 4-5 pm. Give or take.

HTH.

What are options on camping if we come up for this on Friday and stay till Sunday?

We have group camp from friday thru monday morning. All of group camp.

Whats the consensus on bringing kids to this? My 6 year old son would love to come camp, and could help pick up trash. I've never been to a workday and not sure if its a good place for a young kid.

It is a good place for kids. No issue bringing them. We will have stuff for them to do that workday.

My son has been coming to work days since he was three, he is almost 6 now. Just bring stuff for him to do in case there is nothing for him to do on the trail. I bring iPad, iPhone games, RC car, toy monster trucks and off-road toys, construction toys, whatever he wants, he builds houses for animals out of sticks rocks and dirt, etc. He also helps load and unload the Jeep, reminds me of things on our list. He really enjoyed putting Rip Rap Rock out and to this day reminds me we did not finish the spot on Wolf Den that I don't even remember!
Most of all he enjoys when there are other kids there his age to play with.
Sometimes it is a little frustrating to have another thing (my kids safety) on my mind but what I hope and pray is that one day when he gets to ride and play at URE is that he gets to know he helped keep it open for a place to ride that is not so far from home!

And I love spending time with my kids!!!

Have the kids wear something bright and visible too, everyone needs to be able to see them and dad needs to be able to find them quickly too. Stay away from camo, it works!

I linked into the Southern Four Wheel Drive Association's (SFWDA) Leadership Committee webinar last night. During the meeting someone mentioned a URE work day on Thursday, March 17th, although their presentation slide showed only '03.2016'...
Capture.JPG
I checked in with Ray Stanley after the meeting and figured it was best to share the info on this forum topic. If SWFDA members show up on Thursday, will there be someone to coordinate their efforts?
How best to let SFWDA know it's a whole work weekend...not just a work day?

Just my $0.02.

Back