March 19th / 20th 2016 URE OHV work weekend.

At past work days passes have been provided, not sure they'll even be needed this time since the trails are closed right now.

I guess I am thinking more about for the camping aspect of it.

We contacted Ray and told him that the workday is the Saturday and Sunday. It is the 19th and 20th. It IS NOT THE 17TH.

Camping and trail passes are covered as usual.

Camping is at group camp. If you want to camp elsewhere then you will need to pay for that yourself.

Please read the top of the first post as I put stuff in capital letters to make sure you know what days this is.

There is no hook ups up there no. It is just like Badin Lake campground. Has bathrooms and stuff but nothing at the sites.

We will have a group from Mid Carolina Jeepers this time. I'll be there Friday night to Sunday morning, some may stay for work Sunday.

None of us have been to a work day before. Anything in particular we need to bring equipment wise or just show up with boots and gloves?

If anyone has a small trailer that can haul rocks up on the trails and wants to , can you bring it please do. We need lots of rocks moved to rock armor the trails where it is just too slick on the climbs.

We have even more sponsors now for this workday.

FOU
NC4x4
3M
Canucks Cruiser's
Teraflex
Interco
SFWDA
Warn
Dick's
Land Rover
Morris 4x4 Center
Omix Ada
Tread Lightly
Rock Auto
True patriot INC

And a few others that do not want to be named.

Thanks to all of them.

We had 2 small workdays yesterday and the day before. Hard work, but all supplies have been moved to their locations. All the guard rail is in position. Rocks will still need to be moved during the workday and so will the straw but that is part of this coming up workday. Huge thanks to CROC for Friday and ONSC for Saturday. Got a bunch of stuff done prepping. it has taken 4 days just to prep for this next weekend. That's just to get the materials and get them in place.

I will be up there on Friday afternoon till Sunday night.

Meeting up place both days will be Group camp in the open field. That will be for both Saturday and Sunday.

Thanks again all for helping keep Uwharrie great.

If any of you folks that are coming out can bring a 10 x 10 canopy for your groups to stay dry or out of the weather it might be a good thing. This is really for the guard rail folks that plan on doing that task.

I can bring one for use. I can drag a trailer if one gets there. I don't have a pintel hitch but do have a receiver bumper now.

Back