March 19th / 20th 2016 URE OHV work weekend.

I have a pintel in the truck!!!!

I have a pintel in the truck!!!!
Well if someone has a trailer they don't mind us using I'll try and pull it. I will bring my 10 x 10 canopy is what I was saying.

Could not get my truck back together in time to leave this morning.
I will hopefully be there later today or by morning.
Basically completely rebuilt the 11.5" rear end.

Once I drill out one broken bolt and re-tap the threads it should be a bolt in/back together affair.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    169.2 KB · Views: 394
Pretty productive day today got a lot done. I think we had about 275 folks out here.

Thank you very much and we still have another day to go tomorrow. Thanks for taking time out of your busy schedule to be here and help us.

Thanks much folks.

Ok wow!!!
26lbs of noodles, 22 gallons of sauce was killed last night.

9 lbs bacon, 3 cans of spam and 6 packs of link sauage, 10 dozen eggs and 5 loaves of bread. Killed at breakfast today!

Snappy is beat and has to cook dinner for the wife and kids now.

Thanks to everyone that stepped in and helped cook/serve.

Snappy, thank you so much for your selfless dedication , and thank you to all who came out. We spread a ton of straw yesterday and all the other crews were out there working very hard

Snappy, thank you so much for your selfless dedication , and thank you to all who came out. We spread a ton of straw yesterday and all the other crews were out there working very hard
There are more that do way more than I do and dont het recognized. Makes me proud to be a part of it. Each and every one of the volunteers gave up there weekend to ensure that URE stays open and Daniel makes it another season......

Great work day, I had a blast. Thank you snappy for the food.

Did anybody happen to find a tow strap in a black plastic case, mine fell out of the back of my truck.

Thanks to everybody for the hard work this weekend, and to Snappy for feeding us a hot meal at the end of the day Saturday. Snappy, do you mind if I borrow that picture of the group Saturday morning? I'm working on a write up for the folks at NAXJA to see that i'm sure will wind up on our home page eventually as well.

Thanks for letting me drag that trailer full of rock! Sorry about the tire! If more is needed before opening day you guys let me know. I could return this Saturday if needed. Enjoys the food snappy!

Thanks to everybody for the hard work this weekend, and to Snappy for feeding us a hot meal at the end of the day Saturday. Snappy, do you mind if I borrow that picture of the group Saturday morning? I'm working on a write up for the folks at NAXJA to see that i'm sure will wind up on our home page eventually as well.
Feel free too...

@krzyabncanuck what brand or where did you get that pintel I used? Your's fit my set up better then snappy's.

I pulled that one off of my FJ40 back in 88 when I bought it but kept it. Not too sure really where it came from. Have seen them at Northern Tool though.

We made 51,000 of Grant money for the local USFS office. That is the best they ever did. 224 volunteers.

It went better than I could ask for. Got everything done and then some.

Great weekend. Tough but good results.

Thanks everyone, see you in about 6-8 months.

For those interested, a short write up is now on the homepage of NAXJA. www.naxja.org.

Thank you all for all of your efforts and hard work to keep Uwharrie open for everybody to enjoy. We enjoy being able to help and donate to a great cause, and hope to keep doing so in the future!

Back