Mini Bike Thread

77GreenMachine

Phillip Talton
If you were at the Get Together this past weekend, you know that mini bikes are all the rage now. I am planning to get one myself.

The other thread was getting a lot of action about motors and CVT and whatnot, let’s keep all that info here so it’s easy to find.
Feel free to share links to bikes for sale here too. Market place seems to have plenty at the moment.

This one is about 25 minutes up the road from me. Hmm...

Old school mini bike - atvs, utvs, snowmobiles - by owner - vehicle...

00A0A_iIB5sv5GlOY_0CI0re_600x450.jpg

Before we get too far into this, what is the definition of a minibike? Class rules? Can I just pretend my XR100 is a minibike so I don't have to do anything?

See Im a fatboy and dont balance well.
Can I build a mini buggy?
Like a go kart. With an LS?

@rockcity can I have the girls ride for a weekend? Ill bring it back close to how I found it...

Before we get too far into this, what is the definition of a minibike? Class rules? Can I just pretend my XR100 is a minibike so I don't have to do anything?

On that XR100....does it take 2 jackstands, or 4? Inquiring minds, and all that.

On that XR100....does it take 2 jackstands, or 4? Inquiring minds, and all that.
1 for the bike, 4 for the platform and stairs he needs to mount it

If you were at the Get Together this past weekend, you know that mini bikes are all the rage now. I am planning to get one myself.

The other thread was getting a lot of action about motors and CVT and whatnot, let’s keep all that info here so it’s easy to find.
Feel free to share links to bikes for sale here too. Market place seems to have plenty at the moment.
You son of a bitch :lol: I was just getting ready to start this myself.

Here's my question, where can I find this...

Vent Filter Kit

The price isn't bad but the shipping is just as much. $20 for two little ass filters is dumb IMO.

Oh and for the folks that don't know. You have to have these when you upgrade the air intake. One for the crankcase and one for the fuel tank.

Vent Filter Kit

The price isn't bad but the shipping is just as much. $20 for two little ass filters is dumb IMO.

Oh and for the folks that don't know. You have to have these when you upgrade the air intake. One for the crankcase and one for the fuel tank.

so those look identical to fuel filters I've gotten in ebay tuneup kits for small engines, could probably cobble something together cheaper and with free shipping

The way I see it, it's got to be mini. Rigid frame, no suspension, small tires. Anything beyond that is considered a small bike IMO.

so those look identical to fuel filters I've gotten in ebay tuneup kits for small engines, could probably cobble something together cheaper and with free shipping
Thats why I posted it. I've searched 1/4" vent, 1/4" breather, etc and I'm coming up with everything but that. I was hoping for some help. I'll check the fuel filters. That does remind me that those look almost identical to what you find in chainsaw and weekender gas tanks. Thanks!

Edit: that was it. I knew it was something simple I was overlooking. $8 with Prime

Vent Filter Kit

Advance Auto Parts - Down for Maintenance

Is that the same thing?

Back