Mini Bike Thread

To be honest there's not a lot of science to it or details. I picked a cooler that I thought would work and built it around it. I tried to keep it as narrow as possible and strong enough to take people out ;) on rides. I'd like to try to build a trailer but I'm currently up to my neck in projects. I can pull measurements if that's what you're after.
It most certainly takes people out lol. Mostly interested in the connection.

It most certainly takes people out lol. Mostly interested in the connection.
I tried a couple of different things but ended up with solid mounts with a threaded end for adjustability. I'll snap a pic.

20210713_195838.jpg

20210713_195842.jpg

Bought new belts for the mini bike. Put them on and made a test hit, and the driver exploded. Not really sure what happened, but the weights are mangled and the bolt is missing.

20210808_155735.jpg

20210808_161529.jpg

On the plus side, the guard kept almost everything contained and likely saved me a lot of leg pain.

Unfortunately, I doubt I can replace it before the get together.

I rode mine yesterday. Clutch was weak. It's also rusted to the shaft of the motor. Any suggestions on how to get it off?

I rode mine yesterday. Clutch was weak. It's also rusted to the shaft of the motor. Any suggestions on how to get it off?
I'm a big fan of heat

Maybe let @JSJJ388 ride it for a bit. Seems like a good chance it will come off. 😜

So an update. I found the rusty link and got the chain off and then used a pry bar to get the clutch off. Pulled it all apart and cleaned up the rusty weights and soaked the chain in a dish of PB blaster. Going to see if I can revive the chain. Not sure what is up with the clutch it seems fine. When on the bike though it seemed to be locked into drive mode without the centrifugal clutch engaging.

So an update. I found the rusty link and got the chain off and then used a pry bar to get the clutch off. Pulled it all apart and cleaned up the rusty weights and soaked the chain in a dish of PB blaster. Going to see if I can revive the chain. Not sure what is up with the clutch it seems fine. When on the bike though it seemed to be locked into drive mode without the centrifugal clutch engaging.
New chain from tractor supply they are like 20
Bucks and you get enough to have a spare chain

I'm guilty of not even looking and being a cheap ass. I need a new master link so maybe I'll go that route.
i bought the amazon chains and they kept breaking the tractor supply is a way better quality chain i bought it and some spare master links so i can bring them with me incase i brake a chain.

Maybe let @JSJJ388 ride it for a bit. Seems like a good chance it will come off. 😜

I do have a track record for being hard on these bikes.

I'd just get more chain. I've had rusty chain seize and snap while running balls to the wall. Not fun when it smacks your helmet.

i bought the amazon chains and they kept breaking the tractor supply is a way better quality chain i bought it and some spare master links so i can bring them with me incase i brake a chain.
I looked but then realized IDK which chain is on mine. They were out of the one I think it is. So i will return with the master link and match it up.

I looked but then realized IDK which chain is on mine. They were out of the one I think it is. So i will return with the master link and match it up.
Probably #35

My warrior is #40

So the pitch appears to be 3/8th and the space between inner plates measured 5/16th. 3/8 is 35 chain. I know TS does nto have it. They do have no40. Any problem with running that? Which my old one could be 40 but I think it's 35.

So the pitch appears to be 3/8th and the space between inner plates measured 5/16th. 3/8 is 35 chain. I know TS does nto have it. They do have no40. Any problem with running that? Which my old one could be 40 but I think it's 35.
Yea, they don't jive. I wiped out a clutch that was supposed to be 40, but was 35.

Saw this and thought of you mini-bikers. My cousin had a trail 90 when I was a kid before we both had XR80s.

I got tired of the stock exhaust so I chopped up an old stainless Jeep header and made a quick and dirty “muffler” that is more out of the way. It’s loud now. Probably will need some jetting done. Still waiting on the cvt and a new back tire.

DC2AEADF-6D60-45F4-A1BF-3EFF0139BCBD.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_4192.MOV
    34.8 MB
Back