Moab. Easter Jeep Safari

Discussion in 'Carolina Trailblazers' started by k5-1402, Mar 11, 2013.

1. k5-1402

k5-1402 Well-Known Member

Ok, I know JC sent out the email to everyone about going to Moab to accept an award for the club. I would really like to go but not by myself. So, I am looking for someone that would be up for making the trip to Moab with me and splitting the cost. I am not looking at going for the whole nine day event. We would most likely leave early to mid week before Easter and return the night of or day after Easter.

I would be up for any of the following options going from cheapest to most expensive.

1. Driving out in an economy car and camping or staying in hotels then renting a 4x4 when we arrived or riding with someone.

2. Riding out there in your highway worthy 4x4 and camping or staying in hotels.

3. Flying out and renting a 4x4

4. Towing your trail rig out there with your or my truck. (My Jeep is still not done.)

Many of the trails out there can be traveled in a stock or lightly modified vehicle.

I have done quite a bit of research into this. This trip could be made for as little as $500 per person with option1, maybe less or as much as a grand or more with options 3-4.

If you have any questions or may be interested don't hesitate to call or pm me. Thanks. Michael.
    336-684-6316

2. Jason W.

Jason W. Carolina Trail Blazers

Pondering the thought!

3. k5-1402

Got some more info from JC today. turns out the award will be officially handed out on wednesday march 27th. So we could go earlier in the week and be back before easter if necessary. JC and I are looking into different options for days of the week to try and make it cheaper and work out best.

Jason, give me call so we can talk about it. Also I am pretty flexible on the days. Right now I am off work from Sunday March 24th - Tuesday April 2nd.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2013
  4. Jason W.

Trip of a lifetime, I AM IN!!!!!

5. Joe J.

Joe J. Well-Known Member

Nice! are you taking the Rubi?

6. josh$$

josh$$ FTA

bastards both of ya lol wishing i could go
    someone buy my yoda so i can go ;-)

7. k5-1402

We are taking the Rubi. Going to drive it out and wheel it, camping along the way and while there.

8. Jason W.

We will be doing top of the world trail thursday, and fins and things on friday, wensday is not set in stone yet. Both are very moderate.(rated 4 out of 10)

9. J.C.

J.C. Volunteer Moderator

Fins is cool. You go right by Lions Back and Hells Revenge entrance on the way in to it. Baby Lions Back is just past Hells Revenge entrance on the left. You should have time to hit some of that too :) TOW is a great ride too! You guys are going to have a BLAST!

10. Nakoma

Nakoma Well-Known Member

I think it's great y'all are getting to go! My goal is to go within the next 3 to 4 years. Now I know who to take as guides!!

11. NateDesign

NateDesign Well-Known Member

We loved it out there, you will have a blast! Wish I could go. I hope to try EJS one day. I would really like to head west again!

12. 89wrangler

89wrangler Not a new member

I would defintely Hells Revenge since you will go right by it. Will be piece of cake in the Ruby. Is one of my favorite trails out there. Cane creek is another cool one that has a lot of creek crossings and great scenery. Only gets a little technical at the end.

13. Jason W.

I feel very lucky to get to go, if it goes really well maybe we can put together a ctb trip for next year way ahead of time.

We are taking a lab top and will have wireless at the campground, i will try to keep pictures and upadates during the week.

14. cj777

cj777 Well-Known Member

That's awesome. I would love to be able to make it out there sometime. Have a great trip guys, and post lots of pics

15. J.C.

J.C. Volunteer Moderator

Just bring the money back! Don't feel so lucky you head down to Vegas on the way back :driver:

16. k5-1402

I think we'll be more happy with the trails than vegas. Especially Area BFE!

17. Jason W.

Doing some tweaking on the Jeep this weekend, making sure it is as ready as possible. I am super siked about area BFE, thats gonna be some wild stuff!!

18. Jason W.

BFE video from 2012

19. Debra

Debra Well-Known Member

Jason and Michael left Lincolnton at 12:15pm today.Keep them in your prayers for a safe trip there and back home. They will try to post pics later on in the week.

20. k5-1402

Well, we have been making good time all day until now. We're about 60 miles outside Lexington Kentucky stuck in traffic in a thunderstorm with an overturned tractor trailer about half a mile in front of us. IMG_20130324_180431_802.jpg

21. k5-1402

After half an hour without moving, we did some mild wheeling and got turned around. Went back to the last exit and took back roads around the accident and back to the interstate. It took about twenty minutes, but there was still no traffic coming north bound so going around was definitely the right decision.

22. J.C.

J.C. Volunteer Moderator

We're loving the updates here in NC, keep them coming :driver:

23. Joe J.

Joe J. Well-Known Member

You guys have a safe trip and keep up with the updates!

24. amcjeepman

amcjeepman Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum Moderator

Drive careful. Have Fun. Take lots of Pictures!

25. k5-1402

After driving through snow for about two hours, we stopped in Mount Vernon, IL. IMG_20130324_230353_645.jpg