MOTD (Meme of the Day)

FB_IMG_1720978425425.jpg

Done several times out of our campers. We've even ran the slide out. Toilet are great traveling behind you. Haven't broke out a grill yet en route. Should try that once just for the looky-loos. :D
Our hack lately has been buying pizza for dinner the night before and eating leftovers for lunch while on the road.

Our hack lately has been buying pizza for dinner the night before and eating leftovers for lunch while on the road.
We have started cooking a large meal prior to travel. We fix a fresh side or add something simple for our first meal at camp. Since some check ins are rather late and we are over leaving gosh darn early and feeling like turds when we arrive we have a meal ready. Leaving day we always fix blueberry muffins in a dutch oven while we are breaking down camp (if we haven't done the bulk in the cool evening prior). Those end up being road snacks.

Another meal prep the wife does is peperoni rolls. Yeast bread rolls stuffed with peperoni cheese and baked. About thirty of them things and we snack the whole drive.

We have started cooking a large meal prior to travel. We fix a fresh side or add something simple for our first meal at camp. Since some check ins are rather late and we are over leaving gosh darn early and feeling like turds when we arrive we have a meal ready. Leaving day we always fix blueberry muffins in a dutch oven while we are breaking down camp (if we haven't done the bulk in the cool evening prior). Those end up being road snacks.

Another meal prep the wife does is peperoni rolls. Yeast bread rolls stuffed with peperoni cheese and baked. About thirty of them things and we snack the whole drive.

We typically plan bbq for our first evening. I smoke it ahead of time, and vacuum seal. Shred the cabbage and make the dressing for the slaw ahead, and put in separate containers. When we get there, throw the meat in a pot of hot water, while we unpack. Mix the slaw, and open some buns/chips. If we are checking in really late, we have put the meat in the crockpot, to warm while we drive.

Done several times out of our campers. We've even ran the slide out. Toilet are great traveling behind you. Haven't broke out a grill yet en route. Should try that once just for the looky-loos. :D
I remember being a kid and going camping with my grandpa.
He had an old step side ford and an early model Weber kettle style grill. He had holes drilled in the bed for some small bolts just for that little grill.
I remember him lighting charcoal and then driving for the grill to heat up.then we’d stop and make hotdogs on the road side.
Did it several times. Seems crazy now but as a 5-7 year old it seemed normal

A bystander wasn't the only thing killed in the Trump assassination attempt on saturday:
1721076741010.png

1721087286934.png

Back