MOTD (Meme of the Day)

ALDI.jpg

I learned so many lessons the hard way driving around the UK. Show 'em a drivers license and off you go! Once you figure out to get in on the right side of the car...

Drives me crazy! These dumb ass millennial's designing these things in NC are idiots! A zebra crossing (pedestrian crosswalk) at the roundabout? Everybody is going to die! Nobody here can figure out a four way stop, much less a roundabout! I truly love them, but jeez can we even try to educate people? Is this shit even in the drivers ed class much less the manual? The whole point is to move traffic along. Don't even get me started on how to use turn signals... just like always! Street you're turning on to the left? It's a left turn signal... pretend the 'bout ain't there. What would you do then? If "pink" had a right turn signal on, A could have cruised on! But no... we don't know how to use turn signals either - we're too busy f'g with our phones!

/rant off

I truly love them, but jeez can we even try to educate people?

Every day is an adventure for me. I leave my neighborhood and hit a 4 way, then 109 to I-40 to 52N to WSSU exit and 3 round-a-bouts to downtown

How I manage to not ram a moth+@*$%@* every day is a miracle

I learned so many lessons the hard way driving around the UK. Show 'em a drivers license and off you go! Once you figure out to get in on the right side of the car...

Drives me crazy! These dumb ass millennial's designing these things in NC are idiots! A zebra crossing (pedestrian crosswalk) at the roundabout? Everybody is going to die! Nobody here can figure out a four way stop, much less a roundabout! I truly love them, but jeez can we even try to educate people? Is this shit even in the drivers ed class much less the manual? The whole point is to move traffic along. Don't even get me started on how to use turn signals... just like always! Street you're turning on to the left? It's a left turn signal... pretend the 'bout ain't there. What would you do then? If "pink" had a right turn signal on, A could have cruised on! But no... we don't know how to use turn signals either - we're too busy f'g with our phones!

/rant off
Roundabouts are soooo much more sensible. Spent a week in the UK last month, touring all over. It was amazing to pass all the way through a city and only have 2-3 stops total. Way more efficient for everybody.
Traffic that dosn't require electricity to run..... OMFG mind blown.... /sarcasm

Every day is an adventure for me. I leave my neighborhood and hit a 4 way, then 109 to I-40 to 52N to WSSU exit and 3 round-a-bouts to downtown

How I manage to not ram a moth+@*$%@* every day is a miracle
New jeep commercial...

Roundabouts are soooo much more sensible. Spent a week in the UK last month, touring all over. It was amazing to pass all the way through a city and only have 2-3 stops total. Way more efficient for everybody.
Traffic that dosn't require electricity to run..... OMFG mind blown.... /sarcasm

That's the ultimate example - literally a round white dot in the middle of an intersection declares roundabout rules are in effect! Brilliant is what the Brits say and hard to argue. Just wish we had the culture to make it work here. As it is, just another random idea thrown into the mix by traffic geeks without thinking about the big picture.

Last edited:
Having driven in the UK a number of times, I do appreciate the properly sized roundabouts. Especially the ones where you can skip the roundabout if you are taking the first exit. The intersections with a white dot in the middle are dumb, but somehow it works?

/rant off

I like the ones they built on hillsborough street in Ral., much quicker trip downtown and back than all them damn lights. Downside is I can't sit at a light and watch the college hotties walking by or across anymore.:smokin:

AR-180819338.jpg

i'll raise you, leland, nc

I thought you were b.s.'ing until I saw the sign in the left lane there for Wilmington. I've driven around Wilmington and surrounding areas 100 times if I've done it once, and I've never come across this fawked up interchange...where the hell is this? I'd have to go see it just for chits and giggles next time I'm down there.

AR-180819338.jpg

i'll raise you, leland, nc

Ah, the divergent diamond interchange. They put one of those in Mebane at exit 153 off 40/85. Accidents increased tremendously thanks to this new pattern. As a side bonus, when they plowed snow this past winter they pushed it to the center of the bridge over the highway. Bright sun during the day resulted in melting snow, which ran across the road towards the edges of the bridge. Freezing temperatures at night resulted in an ice rink for morning commuters traveling through this interchange.

In all honesty, once you go through it a few times and know what lane you need to be in, they are pretty efficient. But the learning curve is steep!

Back