MOTD (Meme of the Day)

For the nerds.
0.jpg

We use Gauss and Fourier's daily.

I thought I was a nerd until I saw this post. I only recognize about half of them and have only used maybe one or two in real life.
I feel like I use the Chaos Theory daily with my two boys.

I thought I was a nerd until I saw this post. I only recognize about half of them and have only used maybe one or two in real life.
I'd bet in the last month at work we have at least discussed something if not applied #s 2,3,7,8,9,11,12,15, and 16.

Its amazing how much Information Theory comes up in any kind of multi channel processing or communications.
And pretty much all modern digital communication, which is essentially everything, relies on a couple of these.

The only one I have used since college is #1. And I barely used any of the others in college :lol:

So in all of the 1900's... (actually 85 years of it), y'all smarty pants only came up with 5 equations?
There's a lot of really good ones from the last 40 years, but it takes several decades to know that you've changed the world :flipoff2:

For the nerds.
View attachment 321542
We use Gauss and Fourier's daily.

Good luck using any of these with Common Core math. Might as well dig up Old Pythagoras's bones and ask him to explain that junk.

cuglietto.png

Math has been around for 2500 years and it takes the Participation Trophy Generation to ruin it for all of us.

I hate to tell the common core folks, but I just looked at the 4x6379 and did it in my head faster than i could ever connect all the polkydots. I studied on it, and can't for the life of me figure out how that is supposed to be easier to learn or do.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I believe common more is mental math written down. It's basically how I do math in my head.
The inside of your head must be a strange and tragic place.

I believe common more is mental math written down. It's basically how I do math in my head.

I have always done math in my head using big, rounded numbers, then add/subtract the little numbers to get exact. 6379x4 I'd figure 4x6000=24000. Then 379 is close to 400, so add in 1600. I'm overshot by 4x21, so subtract 84 and done. In this case, being it was 64xx I just went back to my old days of computers, counting bits not bytes, and did 64...128...256...25600....less the 84...done and correct in about 3 seconds.

All of the examples posted, I’m pretty sure, are versions of common core. Common core is just drug out a lot more.

I just posted tbe wrong answer on the internet and waited.

All of the examples posted, I’m pretty sure, are versions of common core. Common core is just drug out a lot more.

But, my answer was based on sitting in second grade memorizing multiplication tables in 1969 (with no A/C). Not counting stupid dots.

Back