MOTD (Meme of the Day)

8HXwRNy.jpg

My wife likes to subtly remind me that "the next time we go our, we need to take HER car because it needs gas"

So...don't look for that to EVER change
This is no bullshit, my MIL is 86 years old and has never pumped gas a day in her life. Last summer we were going somewhere and she wanted to take her car but wanted me to drive, so we take off from our place at the lake and I noticed it only had about a 1/4 of a tank. She said she stopped to get gas but couldn’t get anyone to pump it for her on the way down. Then she says find an Ingles with a gas station so I can save 10 cents a gallon. We are no where near an Ingles nor are we going by an Ingles to where we are going. She insisted we find an Ingles and at this point she’s pissing me off and I told her I’ll handle getting gas. A few minutes later she said something about Ingles again and before I knew it I done told her that if had to hear about 10 cents a gallon off at Ingles again she was going to be walking to Ingles. My wife wasn’t happy but I didn’t have to hear about driving damn near an hour to save a dime after that.

I always fill up my wife's car. Primarily because it bothers the shit out of me when she doesn't reset the trip odometers and other analytics 'properly'. However, when she needs to take my card to do some intense shopping, she'll top off the gas (pisses me off more because now the analytics were fubar'd mid-tank) she'll always let me know, like she did me a favor...I think she thinks it'll make me happier so I don't freak out when I see the card statement.

Wife works nights. On my days off, I'm tasked with making sure her jeep is full so she doesn't have to stop and pump gas. I honestly cant think of the last time she's had to do it.
My mother did not know how to pump gas when my father died. They married when she was in high school, he shipped out to Vietnam. In the 25 Or more years together she never once put gas in a vehicle.

My wife can, and occasionally does pump her gas. But 98% of the time I do it.

My wife will drive right by the cheapest gas in town and risk running out to get home ..... so I can be with her when she stops to get gas.

My wife will drive right by the cheapest gas in town and risk running out to get home ..... so I can be with her when she stops to get gas.

I don't mind going and getting gas in my wife's car, but I can't count how many times I've gotten in her vehicle and seen this on the screen:

63529795544__BAC90351-B22B-4741-B6FC-A3AF0ECFC35F.jpg

I don't mind going and getting gas in my wife's car, but I can't count how many times I've gotten in her vehicle and seen this on the screen:

View attachment 339864
Related.
My truck has a 27 gallon fuel tank.
According to every spec sheet I can find anywhere.

I can run it down to zero miles to empty. And couldnt manage to get more than 19.8 crammmed in there.
I once ran 70 miles past 0...because at 12 mpg it should still be safe...and I managed to get 23 that time.

TLDR - My on board fuel guage sucks

Related.
My truck has a 27 gallon fuel tank.
According to every spec sheet I can find anywhere.

I can run it down to zero miles to empty. And couldnt manage to get more than 19.8 crammmed in there.
I once ran 70 miles past 0...because at 12 mpg it should still be safe...and I managed to get 23 that time.

TLDR - My on board fuel guage sucks
Tundra life. Same when I had mine.

Y'all do a better job of keeping your wives at home than I do. My wife burns up the roads. I'd be a part time job for me if I had to put gas in her car everytime it was low.

Funny thing is my wife 'never goes anywhere'. She can get 4-450miles out of a tank in the Expy, yet I tend to fill it up every 7-10 days, and she only works part time at our church that's 4 miles away. It's those damn trips to Target, I tell ya.

It's those damn trips to Target, I tell ya.
My wife is pretty "Rona skert" so no Target receipts in MONTHS.

however the Amazon Van has a permanent parking space at the garage :rolleyes:

what i cant stand is its 25 miles to her office, 25 miles back. on the interstate that is know for having wrecks daily on the same stretch. she will leave and say shes gonna fill up when she gets home tonight (gas station is across the street and you have to pass it to get on interstate) with 35 miles to empty. i keep waiting for her call that shes outta gas stuck in wreck traffic.

Y'all do a better job of keeping your wives at home than I do. My wife burns up the roads. I'd be a part time job for me if I had to put gas in her car everytime it was low.

Stay at home wife. Best bad decision I ever made lol :D

Back