MOTD (Meme of the Day)

bugs.png

That's actually a game we play in my house (mainly for the kids, but I enjoy annoying my wife with it). If you want to know/ask about something...keep asking why until you get a valid answer or Mommy/Daddy can't answer, then we'll google until we can get to the root. It's been highly encouraged for both of my girls. Earlier this school year, one of my 3 year old's teachers wanted to have a parent/teacher meeting. It surrounded the fact that my 3 year old sure was 'inquisitive and asked why an awful lot'. My response was, that's fantastic, that's what I'm teaching her, she loves school and loves learning and I want to keep it that way, feel free to send home more challenging material. Apparently, I misunderstood what that comment meant. This is the same teacher that bitched at her before, for not sharing her book, she brought from home, during free time. That teacher was dismissed prior to Christmas as a result of other parents with similar complaints. The scary thing is, this is a relatively affluent private preschool in the area, and that thought process still fell through the cracks after a rigorous vetting process.

Back