MOTD (Meme of the Day)

auto.png

I love when someone gives directions like this.

Your gonna get of at exit 59 then go down to where to texaco station used to be and turn right. Go about 4 miles and turn left right after the old farm, if you pass the church you've went too far. Take the 3rd marked road and then from there turn at the old barn and I'm the 3rd drive down.

Nevermind there are always 5 abandoned gas stations in the area, a bunch of old farms, 100 churches, and half the road signs are missing so your not sure which one.

I love when someone gives directions like this.

Your gonna get of at exit 59 then go down to where to texaco station used to be and turn right. Go about 4 miles and turn left right after the old farm, if you pass the church you've went too far. Take the 3rd marked road and then from there turn at the old barn and I'm the 3rd drive down.

Nevermind there are always 5 abandoned gas stations in the area, a bunch of old farms, 100 churches, and half the road signs are missing so your not sure which one.

Asked an old guy up in the TN mountains directions one time. He started out with "Head up the hollar about a mile until you get to where Bill Johnson used to live....."

I feel like the adoption of Google maps for everything has killed people's ability to give directions.

Some folks that call it Pocket Township. It is Township 7 in Lee County, and for some reason Google Maps knows it as "7, Pocket NC".

Interesting read on townships in NC...including the first couple of comments to the article. North Carolina townships: a relic of the carpetbaggers - North Carolina Map Blog

Map_of_Lee_County_North_Carolina_With_Municipal_and_Township_Labels.PNG
I never heard of townships til I moved up here to Pennsyltucky. THEN when the wife told me about 'local taxes...'

1624534136147.png

So you tellin me I have to pay the feds....I have to pay the staties....AND I have to pay the local boys now too? WTAF.... All that was followed by "and why are we staying HERE again?"

I feel like the adoption of Google maps for everything has killed people's ability to give directions.
This is true. I do don’t use goog anything but GPS has definitely hurt my “figure it out” ability.

I never heard of townships til I moved up here to Pennsyltucky. THEN when the wife told me about 'local taxes...'

View attachment 350344

So you tellin me I have to pay the feds....I have to pay the staties....AND I have to pay the local boys now too? WTAF.... All that was followed by "and why are we staying HERE again?"
I applaud you for trying to bring balance back to certain areas of the U.S.

I myself am a political refugee from Oregon. There's a reason I moved to NC. And blogs like this remind me of it...

I applaud you for trying to bring balance back to certain areas of the U.S.

I myself am a political refugee from Oregon. There's a reason I moved to NC. And blogs like this remind me of it...
We desperately want to get back to NC (for more than the occasional vacation). We live here because it's close to her family (she's from here). All my family is in Texas/Oklahoma. Tough issue for us is the job prospects... Not sure, perhaps if we just pulled chocks and flew it'd be easier than we thought. But she's too scared to do that since we have two kids. I can understand that fear. Silver lining, though -- she just started a new job, it's fully remote...they DO have an office in Raleigh. I'm hoping she digs it enough to want to pursue it as her career path, since it's slightly different than what she went to school for and previous work experience. Maybe, JUST maybe...we can get back to something that resembles normal.

Back