MOTD (Meme of the Day)

I live my life one forklift certification at a time…

CD497CB2-5D09-4FC0-AFA5-88B949926EDD.jpeg

Sat down to watch the 1960’s Rudolph the red nosed reign deer on CBS, last night with my girls. They couldn’t grasp the concept of commercials…dad hit skip…dad why’s it taking so long…dad why is this ad so long…dad fast forward…so on and so forth. I wanted to punish them for something…but outside of college football (where I’m flipping between games during commercials)…they’ve probably never had to sit through a commercial.

Sat down to watch the 1960’s Rudolph the red nosed reign deer on CBS, last night with my girls. They couldn’t grasp the concept of commercials…dad hit skip…dad why’s it taking so long…dad why is this ad so long…dad fast forward…so on and so forth. I wanted to punish them for something…but outside of college football (where I’m flipping between games during commercials)…they’ve probably never had to sit through a commercial.

Commercials don't bother my little girl, but she can't quite grasp the concept that we can't pause everything when she has to leave the room :rolleyes:

Duane

What I love are the kids who don't understand that not all screens have to use another device to move things (e.g. not touch screen)

We tried to watch ..I think it was frosty …the other night. Kick in the nads “this program is not allowed to be viewed by streaming customers “
Youtubetv is how we get it CBS… ain’t found an antenna yet that will pull it. Oh well we just pulled it up on regular YouTube and watched it

What I love are the kids who don't understand that not all screens have to use another device to move things (e.g. not touch screen)

Adults are just as bad. I don't know how many times I had to tell my former manager to get his nasty hands off my $2000 Mac Retina display. They don't work like that. I don't need your brain matter smeared all over my monitor just because you were two knuckles deep in your nostril 20 seconds ago and now you need to show me something on a spreadsheet you have been working on.

We tried to watch ..I think it was frosty …the other night. Kick in the nads “this program is not allowed to be viewed by streaming customers “
Youtubetv is how we get it CBS… ain’t found an antenna yet that will pull it. Oh well we just pulled it up on regular YouTube and watched it

Truth be told…the entire charade was considerably more work than it should have been. Hyped it up for a solid 2 hours, then encountered the same thing. Then tried finding on one of the other streaming services…everything else wanted like $9.99 to rent for 24hrs. Then finally found an app called ‘Yule Log’ that streamed it for free, could never load more than 13% of the movie, and I’m assuming my tv was hacked or something. Obviously the kids are rapidly losing interest at this point. Asked my parents for their spectrum account info…was finally able to watch from my phone through the app from their spectrum account, then screen mirrored to the big tv. And even after all that…we, and by we, I mean the girls, still couldn’t make it through the entire thing.

Commercials don't bother my little girl, but she can't quite grasp the concept that we can't pause everything when she has to leave the room :rolleyes:

Duane
My grandson LOVES Cocomelon and other similar stuff and we have those channels on the Roku TV. He used to hate commercials until Christmas was close and now it has some toy commercials LOL he is mesmerized

Back