MOTD (Meme of the Day)

1641650360651.png

Ours is use it or lose it. Is there a limit to what they'll pay out if you leave? My previous company you could roll over I think 840 hours. They changed the rules on payouts to you could still roll over the 840 but only paid out like 120. People who had been there for years took every Friday off the year they changed the rules.
If I leave, they'll only pay out my vacation balance. At the end of the year, anything over 240 hrs of vacation rolls into sick leave. So, my sick leave ends up with a ginormous balance with no limits that can be applied towards early retirement. They're stuck with me now 😂

1636373991020.jpeg.jpg

Yep, my available leave balance is over 1400 hrs 😬
My wife retired 2 years early from the county due to PTO accumulation.

no freeloading

DA0AA79A-FEBA-4657-B564-BB95463BDC81.jpeg

Ours is use it or lose it. Is there a limit to what they'll pay out if you leave? My previous company you could roll over I think 840 hours. They changed the rules on payouts to you could still roll over the 840 but only paid out like 120. People who had been there for years took every Friday off the year they changed the rules.
Company I used to work for made an HR change and in October tried to say you had to use all your pto by end of year. I submitted every Monday, Thursday and Friday off for the remainder of the year. First thing the next day we had a memo that it wouldn't take place this year. ( we were a small company and I was pretty high up)

Last edited:
Back