MOTD (Meme of the Day)

1667305349906.png

What'd Ford do in 1998 to piss you off?
right?
Since 97 was the model change.
I could kinda see if you hated the high line fenders that much - I did.
I remember they unveiled them to the world in a super bowl ad in the 96 superbowl. Our local ford dealer had had 1 in a box for like a week. The morning after the superbowl my neighbor and the owner of 3 large trailer parks in the town I grew up in was driving one around in that hideous tan/champagne color. The ford dealer had it in a box for him. He still has that truck rusting in his field.

right?
Since 97 was the model change.
I could kinda see if you hated the high line fenders that much - I did.
I remember they unveiled them to the world in a super bowl ad in the 96 superbowl. Our local ford dealer had had 1 in a box for like a week. The morning after the superbowl my neighbor and the owner of 3 large trailer parks in the town I grew up in was driving one around in that hideous tan/champagne color. The ford dealer had it in a box for him. He still has that truck rusting in his field.

While 97 did introduce that dick nose body style for the 150 (and I believe 250LD)…they still retained the 250hd/350/f-superduty body style that was run 92-96. 98 model year carried over that150 (and probably the 250LD) and then somewhere around 98.5-99, the super duty started hitting dealer lots.

This is where Ford hurt me…

58B31677-2CC1-41E1-A837-4B1CE53D11BC.jpeg
DD34FC05-77C0-48D3-B8F8-517E205267B0.jpeg

Edit…2005 is where I started my healing process with aesthetics…but then you get to have fun with blown spark plugs from tritons and smoke shows from diesels.

While 97 did introduce that dick nose body style for the 150 (and I believe 250LD)…they still retained the 250hd/350/f-superduty body style that was run 92-96. 98 model year carried over that150 (and probably the 250LD) and then somewhere around 98.5-99, the super duty started hitting dealer lots.

This is where Ford hurt me…

View attachment 384189View attachment 384190

Edit…2005 is where I started my healing process with aesthetics…but then you get to have fun with blown spark plugs from tritons and smoke shows from diesels.
Don’t forget the 7 lug wheels.

Those stupid constant commercials make me nervous after having lived on base as a kid in the 70s.
My dad and mom where there in the 60's. My dad, mom, sister, brother and I have had cancers. Many skin cancers for all. Lung, prostate, bowels etc. I'm the oldest and born in '65, brother '67 and sis in 70. Don't know if it came from there but I wonder....

I saw something similar years ago on a house we were working on. It had a chimney coming out of a roof with a 8:12 pitch that we had already put standing seem metal on. When the guys showed up to paint it and couldn't nail down a toe board for the ladder, one guy held the bottom of a 24' extension ladder in his hands as the other guy worked his way down the ladder painting the Hardie board.

Back