Motor-sickle Racing (MX/SX, GNCC, MotoGP, Hard Enduro, SBK, etc)

oh yeah!

I wonder why the hell Jett said he would give him fan zone passes though, is that a little "joke" still at Jason like his "joke" at Kenny for giving him the position in the SMX race?
Yeah, I've been trying to rationalize the possibilities:
Lawrence said he was a fan of Anderson's and would give him tickets to the Jett fan zone?
Anderson said stop being a little bitch, you're lucky I didn't punt you to the fan zone?

Either way, it's weird, and both parties are at fault. Nobody went down, so Jett should have just left well enough alone. But Anderson ALWAYS seems to get himself in the middle of crap like this, so I'm sure he's about as clean as their bikes were after the race.

And great, solid, dominant win for AP. But friggin Webb was COMING FOR HIM at the end. I'd have loved to see them duke it out on that sloppy track. I don't think Sexton was trying to get in Webb's way, but I also don't think he was trying to get OUT of his way either :laughing: That pair will have more fun this year I'm sure. Kinda crazy to think we're only 3 races in, and they've both lapped each other already.

And this post from Sexton is as good as it gets (even if it's not genuine). Well said, especially that last part, haha.

Yeah, I've been trying to rationalize the possibilities:
Lawrence said he was a fan of Anderson's and would give him tickets to the Jett fan zone?
Anderson said stop being a little bitch, you're lucky I didn't punt you to the fan zone?

Either way, it's weird, and both parties are at fault. Nobody went down, so Jett should have just left well enough alone. But Anderson ALWAYS seems to get himself in the middle of crap like this, so I'm sure he's about as clean as their bikes were after the race.
I didn't see Anderson do anything wrong. If you can't get around the guy in front of you, then you are not as fast as you think you are. I think Jett is a cocky punk and thought Anderson was going to make it easy for him. Jett just made a HUGE mistake by fawking with Anderson.

I didn't see Anderson do anything wrong. If you can't get around the guy in front of you, then you are not as fast as you think you are. I think Jett is a cocky punk and thought Anderson was going to make it easy for him. Jett just made a HUGE mistake by fawking with Anderson.
I used to like jett but I’m so sick of them hyping him so much and throwing them down our throats at every chance they get

I loved him saying in the race I was clearly not in 😂 makes me actually like him a bit
Yeah, that was the most likeable thing I've heard from him. That's why I assume it came from someone else, haha.

I used to like jett but I’m so sick of them hyping him so much and throwing them down our throats at every chance they get
Yeah, I assumed he was overhyped until he mopped the floor with everyone and did what only the greatest of greats have done, a perfect season in his dang rookie year. Then backed it up by being the only rookie to win his first 450 race. That took him up a bunch of notches in my book, and I still have a lot of respect for his talent, but I get tired of everyone else talking about it. Honestly the same thing is happening in MotoGP with Marc Marquez switching to Ducati. I'm a big Marquez fan, but truly 90% of the MotoGP media in the past 2 months has been about him, as if no one or no thing else existed.

Speaking of being a Marc Marquez fan...
I don't have any sports memorabilia, but I thought this was one of the coolest pictures I've ever seen, and I couldn't pass up the opportunity to get an original print signed by the man himself, back in 2013 at Laguna Seca, on his way to becoming the first and only person to win the MotoGP championship in his rookie year. Notice BOTH wheels are off the ground while in a 45 degree lean, at 165mph!!!
1706320376684.png

Good read from the photographer about this once in a lifetime shot if anyone cares to read it:

Last edited:

Coverage has probably been 10 to 1 in terms of articles or posts about that Jett/Anderson bs to ones about AP winning his first race even arguably one of the top fan favorites. For that I hope AP wins another this year and especially if it was to be Daytona. Other than A1 it’s probably the other top race of the season.

I’m looking forward to the triple crown this weekend. Three races is always better than 1.

I’m looking forward to the triple crown this weekend. Three races is always better than 1.
I'm ready to watch a proper DRY Supercross race.

Gypsy Tales just had Jason Anderson on this week, what good timing. I'll give it a listen on Monday.

I'm sure its going to be a good one

Pretty wild triple crown.

4 different race winners do the first four rounds and they always hype that they don’t get more than 5 different people winning races. I doubt it for this year.

Jett got some more humble pie this round. Feels a lot like his earlier 250 days with the mistakes.

Man, what a great race, heck, great season! this has been so far. Not only different winners on different brands, but also some exciting racing at and near the front.

I think the championship will come down to Tomac, Sexton, and Webb. If Anderson can maintain form, he might be able to hang in there too, but he tends to fade as the season goes on, and always gets involved in some drama. AP and Jett could be contenders too, but I just don’t see them being able to compete with 1, 2, and 3 EVERY WEEKEND for the whole season. Tomac’s natural speed, Sexton’s consistent speed, and Webb’s grit and late race pace are hard to compete with.

Man, what a great race, heck, great season! this has been so far. Not only different winners on different brands, but also some exciting racing at and near the front.

I think the championship will come down to Tomac, Sexton, and Webb. If Anderson can maintain form, he might be able to hang in there too, but he tends to fade as the season goes on, and always gets involved in some drama. AP and Jett could be contenders too, but I just don’t see them being able to compete with 1, 2, and 3 EVERY WEEKEND for the whole season. Tomac’s natural speed, Sexton’s consistent speed, and Webb’s grit and late race pace are hard to compete with.
Anderson looks FAST this year. I hope he can minimize those 'heat of the moment' mistakes and stay near the red plate holder for the rest of the season. He got 2nd at A1, and if it wasn't for the tip over on the start of race 3, he would have been on the podium for the overall at A2. I don't like Jett, but I would have to add him and Anderson to 'who is in the mix' for the title after four rounds. Great year so far!

If you ever think it’s the bike that makes trials riders capable of their ridiculous feats, watch this.

WTF is going on with Tomac? 3rd to 10th and getting lapped.

That’s my big question to. Wtf

And the 250 start was like a set of bowling pins
I counted 9 guys left on the track still upright, and one guy off the track still upright. 12 guys on the ground! NUTS!

Yeah, that 250 start was ridiculous.

On Tomac I was guessing tire at first. Really odd though. Honestly just looked mental as the race went on. Like he just said “I’m done with this crap, y’all can have it.”

I really thought Roczen would fade and Webb would get stronger and pull out a podium.It was an 8 second gap forever, and slowly eeked down to about 5.5sec, and I was like here it comes! And then it started growing again. But still a good ride for Webb and AP to fight back as much as they did.

Another noteworthy ride was Daxton Bennick from Morganton getting a podium in his first pro race! :clap:

Yeah, that 250 start was ridiculous.

On Tomac I was guessing tire at first. Really odd though. Honestly just looked mental as the race went on. Like he just said “I’m done with this crap, y’all can have it.”

I really thought Roczen would fade and Webb would get stronger and pull out a podium.It was an 8 second gap forever, and slowly eeked down to about 5.5sec, and I was like here it comes! And then it started growing again. But still a good ride for Webb and AP to fight back as much as they did.

Another noteworthy ride was Daxton Bennick from Morganton getting a podium in his first pro race! :clap:

I think that gap changing a lot was due to lappers?

Back