MY TURD ON TONS

HGSR

craigslistaholic
OK I KNOW ITS NO SHOW STOPPER, BUT I HAVE BEEN AROUND THIS TRUCK SINCE 1986. IT WAS MY GRANDFATHERS WORK/DD. IN 1996 HE PAST AWAY AND I GOT THE TRUCK. IN ITS STOCK FORM IT WAS A 305 700R4/208 1/2 TON WITH 3.08'S. I PUT 3/4 AXLES AND HOME BREWED LIFT UNDER IT AFTER THE 10 BOLT DIED IN A 6500 RPM NEUTRAL BOMB IN MY HIGH SCHOOL PARKING LOT LOL. SO AFTER THE AXLE SWAP SO WENT IN A STOCKISH 350 FROM A EL CAMINO. SO THEN I KILLED THE 700R4, FIXED THAT AND BLEW THE MOTOR UP. ROUND 2 WITH THE MOTOR, AND THE TRANS TOOK A DUMP AGAIN. FRONT PUMP QUIT. SO AGAIN I PULL THE R4 AND BACK IN ONLY TO HAVE THE CONVERTER SLIP OFF THE SPLINES AND REALIZE THAT IT SLIPPED OFF AT A SEC TO LATE. SO I BROKE THE PUMP THIS TIME. LOL SO NOW A SM465/205 DEAL GOES IN. NOW THE MOTOR ONLY HAS 200 OR 300 MILES ON IT BY NOW. THAT WAS IN 2004. AND IT HAS SET IN THE SAME SPOT SINCE. UNTILL NOW.......
ai268.photobucket.com_albums_jj20_HGSR_TURD2.jpg
ai268.photobucket.com_albums_jj20_HGSR_TURD4.jpg
ai268.photobucket.com_albums_jj20_HGSR_TURD3.jpg
ai268.photobucket.com_albums_jj20_HGSR_TURD5.jpg
ai268.photobucket.com_albums_jj20_HGSR_TUR7.jpg
ai268.photobucket.com_albums_jj20_HGSR_TURD8.jpg
ai268.photobucket.com_albums_jj20_HGSR_TURD9.jpg
ai268.photobucket.com_albums_jj20_HGSR_turdtires.jpg
ai268.photobucket.com_albums_jj20_HGSR_TURD11.jpg
ai268.photobucket.com_albums_jj20_HGSR_WHEELCENTERS.jpg
ai268.photobucket.com_albums_jj20_HGSR_WHEEL1.jpg
ai268.photobucket.com_albums_jj20_HGSR_WHEEL2.jpg
ai268.photobucket.com_albums_jj20_HGSR_WHEEL3.jpg
ai268.photobucket.com_albums_jj20_HGSR_h2.jpg
ai268.photobucket.com_albums_jj20_HGSR_turd_1.jpg
ai268.photobucket.com_albums_jj20_HGSR_turd2_1.jpg
ai268.photobucket.com_albums_jj20_HGSR_TURD15.jpg

ai268.photobucket.com_albums_jj20_HGSR_TURD16.jpg

I GOT THE D60 AND WHO KNOWS WHAT ELSE (SO MANY TRIPS HAHA) FROM PIPELINES JIMMY PART OUT. I SCORED THE H1'S FOR $250 FROM CRAIGSLIST BFE LOL. MUDPRO DID THE WHEEL CENTERS AND ROCK RINGS FOR ME. HE HAD THEM CUT AND READY TO PICK UP VERY QUICKLY, I CALLED ON BRANDON AT RIDES TO WELD THEM UP THEY DID A GREAT JOB. I STILL HAVE A LOAD OF WORK TO DO. I HOPE TO BE READY BY FALL OF THIS YEAR. LIKE EVERYONE ELSE MONEY IS SLIM, AND WE JUST BOUGHT A HOUSE SO THAT WILL SLOW THINGS SOME.(NO COMPLAINTS THO)

ITS BEEN A WHILE SINCE I UPDATED MY BUILD THREAD, BUT I HAVE ADDED A LOT TO MY LIST SINCE MY FIRST POST.... DIY4X B52'S WITH DIY4X FRAME HANGERS, 52 INCH FRONT SWAP WITH THE 63 INCH SPRING SWAP IN THE PROCESS NOW. I HAVE A SM465/205 IN IT NOW BUT RECENTLY GOT ALL MY DOUBLER PARTS AND TOM WOODS SHAFTS, SO WITH MY MOTOR SWAP ILL BE PUTTING IN THE DOUBLER AS WELL. I SHAVED THE 14 BOLT A GOOD BIT, TOOK A WHILE LOL. I FINALLY GOT A NICE BENCH SEAT AND I HAD THE 5 POINT BELTS SO I THREW THEM IN THERE FOR GOOD MEASURE. IAM TRYING TO MAKE THE BDB FALL EVENT BUT IDK IF IT WILL HAPPEN. I STILL NEED MY REAR DRIVE SHAFT CUT DOWN AND SHOCKS/HOOPS/MOUNTS MEASURED FOR AND INSTALLED. ITS NO TUBE BEAST BUT IAM GIVING IT MY ALL

ai268.photobucket.com_albums_jj20_HGSR_SprintPhoto_be2glh.jpg

ai268.photobucket.com_albums_jj20_HGSR_SprintPhoto_ce2glh.jpg

ai268.photobucket.com_albums_jj20_HGSR_SprintPhoto_b0vkih.jpg

ai268.photobucket.com_albums_jj20_HGSR_SprintPhoto_brad4s.jpg

ai268.photobucket.com_albums_jj20_HGSR_SprintPhoto_b4bpgf.jpg

ai268.photobucket.com_albums_jj20_HGSR_SprintPhoto_bpqf2w.jpg

ai268.photobucket.com_albums_jj20_HGSR_SprintPhoto_cbzpwy.jpg

ai268.photobucket.com_albums_jj20_HGSR_SprintPhoto_bbzpwy.jpg

ai268.photobucket.com_albums_jj20_HGSR_SprintPhoto_bxx4tj.jpg

ai268.photobucket.com_albums_jj20_HGSR_SprintPhoto_csmcaj_2.jpg

ai268.photobucket.com_albums_jj20_HGSR_SprintPhoto_bsmcaj_1.jpg

ai268.photobucket.com_albums_jj20_HGSR_SprintPhoto_bz15lm_1.jpg

ai268.photobucket.com_albums_jj20_HGSR_SprintPhoto_b0l0dy.jpg

ai268.photobucket.com_albums_jj20_HGSR_SprintPhoto_d0rr4u.jpg

ai268.photobucket.com_albums_jj20_HGSR_SprintPhoto_c0rr4u.jpg

ai268.photobucket.com_albums_jj20_HGSR_SprintPhoto_b0rr4u.jpg

ai268.photobucket.com_albums_jj20_HGSR_SprintPhoto_bhdobv.jpg

ai268.photobucket.com_albums_jj20_HGSR_SprintPhoto_bqpuyq.jpg

nice man, i understand the tight money issue. but so far you are rock and rolling on this. love that you are building, not buyying. and ORD is a great company, like that you are buying from them also. great sense of pride :beer:

also may want to hit the enter button after every photo link post just to keep the pictures staggered from top to bottom, not side to side. hahah kinda hard to follow what you right then looking a photos

subscribed

THANKS, THE PARTS HUNT AND BUILD IS HALF THE FUN, YOU ONLY KNOW WHAT YOU HAVE INSIDE AND OUT WHEN YOU BOLT IT ON. IF I HAD MORE MONEY I WOULD HAVE NICER PARTS IN SOME PLACES BUT STILL DO THE WORK, WELL ALL THAT I CAN YA KNOW

FIXED PICS, THE OTHER SITE IAM ON DOES THEM IN A ROW NOT SIDE BY SIDE WITH OUT SPACING. BUT ANYWAY

Nice! looking good.

I cannot BELIEVE that you put that d60 in the back of that hatchback!!!
I'm impressed :huggy:

Those suckers are heavy, how did you even get it in there?

oh, did you have a "before" picture of the 14b before you shaved it? how much were you able to shave off?

thanks guy. iam trying. we used a cherry picker and two floor jacks on each side of the car. kinda same method to get it out.. i hauled it well over 100 miles that day.

here are some pic updates of some useless fab and over kill fab work..

ai268.photobucket.com_albums_jj20_HGSR_SprintPhoto_cror15.jpg

i had some left over gauges from my 68 camaro and fig why not. no mind the bezel as its all i have to use for the time being.

ai268.photobucket.com_albums_jj20_HGSR_SprintPhoto_btd4bz.jpg

my original hangers were nice and crusty from road salt and my grandfather never washing the truck. thank you VA dot for the road salt lol. so i had a friend laser cut and brake the brackets to fit the slope of the hanger..

NOT SO MUCH FOR THE HUBCAPS...MORE LIKE HIGH THIEF AREA FOR THE WHOLE CAR. BUT I BELIEVE YOU TRYING TO MAKE A FUNNY??

so being bored gets me in trouble some times, and i tend to over engineer things lol. or maybe i really miss the days of dirt track cars running my life. so you will see circle track parts here and there over the course of this build..

while waiting on these..
ai268.photobucket.com_albums_jj20_HGSR_SprintPhoto_erraep.jpg

i got into the hydro clutch swap...which let to the new steering set up
SprintPhoto_hrraep.jpg

ai268.photobucket.com_albums_jj20_HGSR_SprintPhoto_frraep.jpg

ai268.photobucket.com_albums_jj20_HGSR_SprintPhoto_drraep.jpg

ai268.photobucket.com_albums_jj20_HGSR_SprintPhoto_crraep.jpg

ai268.photobucket.com_albums_jj20_HGSR_SprintPhoto_bcd31s.jpg

i also decided the 3 inch body lift should stay with the mall crowd, so i machined a 1 inch aluminum body lift.

facing one side, i had the pucks cut .080 long so i could face .040 off each side for a nice finish
ai268.photobucket.com_albums_jj20_HGSR_SprintPhoto_e3cllp.jpg

facing the other side
ai268.photobucket.com_albums_jj20_HGSR_SprintPhoto_d3cllp.jpg

spot drilling
ai268.photobucket.com_albums_jj20_HGSR_SprintPhoto_c3cllp.jpg

drilling the final hole
ai268.photobucket.com_albums_jj20_HGSR_SprintPhoto_b3cllp.jpg

and just because i like the pic
ai268.photobucket.com_albums_jj20_HGSR_SprintPhoto_f3cllp.jpg

i scored a full hydro-boost set up today, along with a york 210 compressor, and the kicker it it came from a 77 chevy van so all the brackets will bolt right up to a sbc w/long water pump.

pics soon

ok so i scored some pretty good parts, the york compressor with brackets to fit a small block with a long water pump was great!! i snagged a pulley set that runs serpentine belt for the alt while 2 v grooves, i also got a entire hydro boost set up with new high pressure lines and one spare line.

this set up came from a 77 chevy van, the system still had pressre on it when i cut the line. it cleaned up nice and everything works (the water pump in the pic is a short pump from another set up i had on this motor)
ai268.photobucket.com_albums_jj20_HGSR_SprintPhoto_bbcct1.jpg

ai268.photobucket.com_albums_jj20_HGSR_SprintPhoto_brvmu1.jpg

my pulley score
ai268.photobucket.com_albums_jj20_HGSR_SprintPhoto_bysx21.jpg

and a pic of my radiator i been meaning to post. yes thats real #20 hose. not hose clamp faker braided line.
ai268.photobucket.com_albums_jj20_HGSR_SprintPhoto_bicwv1.jpg

WELL I TEST FIT THE HYDRO BOOST PWR STEERING PUMP WITH THE YORK COMPRESSOR. IT PRETTY MUCH BOLTED RIGHT UP. I HAD CUT SOME SPACERS OFF THE TWO BRACKETS, BUT WENT PRETTY SMOOTH. IAM PICKING UP A LONG STYLE ALUMINUM WATER PUMP SAT, I NEED TO HAVE A #20 BUNG WELDED ON THE NECK. THEN ILL SEE HOW ALL THE BELTS WILL ROUTE....

ai268.photobucket.com_albums_jj20_HGSR_SprintPhoto_blyzfr.jpg

ok so it actually does set on the tires and not jack stands, its really!! soft now shackle angle looks like crap. but i did kinda flex it in the shop to see how bad it was going to be. the rearend is forward about 3 inches. i like that ill have a shorter driveshaft because of that and the doubler, but it looks strange. i can move it back with the perch holes and the ez-inch.

ai268.photobucket.com_albums_jj20_HGSR_SprintPhoto_bsoai3.jpg

ai268.photobucket.com_albums_jj20_HGSR_SprintPhoto_bx4aj3.jpg

ai268.photobucket.com_albums_jj20_HGSR_SprintPhoto_bk4q3a.jpg

ai268.photobucket.com_albums_jj20_HGSR_SprintPhoto_bovl0a.jpg

and a wanna be shot lol
ai268.photobucket.com_albums_jj20_HGSR_SprintPhoto_ck4q3a.jpg

i moved the truck around so i can pull the motor/trans/tcase. iam thinking of narrowing the nose to.....
ai268.photobucket.com_albums_jj20_HGSR_SprintPhoto_bn0zii.jpg

i went by Doug Herberts today on the way to the Big Dixie Boggers even and grabbed up a aluminum water pump and #20 fitting to have welded on the inlet on the pump
ai268.photobucket.com_albums_jj20_HGSR_SprintPhoto_dual12.jpg

ai268.photobucket.com_albums_jj20_HGSR_SprintPhoto_cual12.jpg

ai268.photobucket.com_albums_jj20_HGSR_SprintPhoto_bual12.jpg

Back