NC4x4 Stimulus Recycle Day 5/28/11

mcutler

Most of you probably don't know me, aside from my build, or what i do. I am a core buyer/metals recycler. Last week Brandon (RIDES) and I were discussing having an NC4x4 recyling day to 1-help everyone make alil extra $, 2-help everyone get all our useless junk outta our garages, yards, neighbors yards etc, and 3- another day for all us to hang out and get to know each other, 4- some help for the environment.

Basically I would bring scales to RIDES on a saturday, everyone can lug their crap over and we all get paid! we would like to cook out, maybe Your Hot Dog Guy will chime in, and just hang out/ meet greet.

Obviously it is a money making business, therefore Stimulus. But this will be an almost non-profit day for myself and Brandon, except for coverages of expenses; fuel, food, yadda yadda--or you blow your loot with brandon in the showroom. More of an event for our community to clean up and get alil dough for your scrap and some extra $ for your wheeling season!

This is basically a feeler thread. We have tentatively discussed a saturday in may between the Flats Open and the BDB ride in june.

Items that we will be able to purchase are;

copper-all grades
aluminum-all grades including cans
steel- as long as it can be handled by hand and loaded in a 7x16 cage trailer
starters, alternators, a/c compressors
aluminum transmissions
copper and aluminum radiators
aluminum wheels- no tires please
insulated copper and aluminum wire
electric motors- copper wound
catalytic converters
and more; post if you have a question about something

Lemme know, by posting, if this would be a help to anyone and if you feel this is a worthy excuse to make alil dough for everyone.

If this turns out well we may do this a couple times a year and even could move around to other vendors retail sites so that more of our community could participate without the travel that some would have by using just one location.

thanks,
Matt Cutler, owner Cutler's Recycling

Im down! i have all kinds of scrap at home and at the shop i work at. Make the date and i will start saving up!!

Its a good haul from here, but Ive never been to Rides, and I have been meaning to... I have quite a good bit of scrap, axle housings, transmissions, body panels, etc...

Consider me a maybe, without knowing a date for sure its a little hard for me to plan it, but I like the idea.

This sounds like a great idea. I dont have a lot of scrap to part with but Im definitely down for a trip to Rides and meeting up with some of you guys.

May 28th works for me!...just saying! LOL (Don't know BDB spring event dates yet:( )

Are we gonna do some local advertising too? It could get really crowded quick with junk guys LOL

This is a really kewl idea you all come up with!

I'm in. And if you need another loaction you can use the shop here in the corner of high point for a different day. We have about a 2 acre lot next door...

just hauled most of my good scrap yesterday im sure i can come up with some more just let me know the date!! i cashed in 130 lbs of cans thats a lot of beer drinking lol

well

just hauled most of my good scrap yesterday im sure i can come up with some more just let me know the date!! i cashed in 130 lbs of cans thats a lot of beer drinking lol
come buy my doors .....this would be a good thing but not for me ...i would still come home broke ...lol...:driver:

Sounds liek fun for sure. I would love to meet some of you guys. I just hauled off $1100 worth of aluminum rims yesterday. I may need to talk to you and see what kind of prices you have on your core stuff. Might be a good reason to come up.

I would be in for this. Maybe get all those damn alumn cans out of the carport the wife "saves" ( notice I did not say sell :shaking:) I can definatley bring enough scrap to pay the fuel cost and then some :beer:

I'd be more than happy to be there! Thank's for asking. Sounds like a great idea all the way around!

Just got off the cell with the Recycling Guy and it's a go! This is a good way to clean up your man cave and get a day pass from the significant other and talk trail! If you always wanted an invitation to go to Rides and check them out, this is it! See you there and be hungry! Your Hot Dog Guy!

Gonna have a huge magnet? lol That'd be sweet!!

Terry, I'll help you slang them dawgs again, if I can get a hall pass. When is this?

alright guys. it's a go. may 28 at RIDES of Conover! start saving your junk! Hot dog guy gonna feed us! let's generate some wheeling funds and have a good day in the sun, hopefully. this will be a rain or shine event. :driver:

Magnet, I wish.:lol:

For those who've never been to Rides, very easy to find. I-40 west exit 132. turn north towards wal-mart, right at light, 200 yards on your left. visible from the interstate. 20 minutes west of statesville.

this should be a great event for our community. come and meet your local vendors and friends, and I have already been approached by other vendors to hold similar events at their locations across the state, therfore we can stimulate the pockets of more members!

if you have any questions about what you can bring feel free to post or pm!

thanks, Matt

I see you had Aluminum Trannys, do you take aluminum transfercases also?

Back