Nearly bullet proofed 6.0

Have you done the math on buying new vs draining everything for something used? This is for a new career after all. Do you expect to pay off 12k for the required truck with the added income? I feel like you need to consult someone and talk about starting a business.

If this isn’t your business then why should you have to dig into your pocket to do your job?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I wish him luck in his new career but a good buddy tried the bread route in Charlotte a few years ago and couldn’t make the money work out in the end. Don’t want to be negative if it’s something that someone wants to do but please do yourself a favor and do your homework on cost vs reward. Personally I ain’t going to work at 3:00 a.m. 6-7 days a week for anyone.

Have you done the math on buying new vs draining everything for something used? This is for a new career after all. Do you expect to pay off 12k for the required truck with the added income? I feel like you need to consult someone and talk about starting a business.

If this isn’t your business then why should you have to dig into your pocket to do your job?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am starting a business, Dont really want to talk personal finances but I have talked with my bank and have the finances all sorted out, I’ve taken out X amount of dollars for start up costs of said business and given myself the budget for certain things such as truck.

I wish him luck in his new career but a good buddy tried the bread route in Charlotte a few years ago and couldn’t make the money work out in the end. Don’t want to be negative if it’s something that someone wants to do but please do yourself a favor and do your homework on cost vs reward. Personally I ain’t going to work at 3:00 a.m. 6-7 days a week for anyone.
I hear ya, been doing my homework for a couple of months now on if it’s a good move or not. I have decided to pursue it, plus I currently get up at 4am to be at work at 5am in the retail business, so that I’m used to, and it will only be that early 5 days a week when having to go to warehouse to pick up product. The other two day’s you just go to the store and work back stock, no set time you have to be there, but being up 6-7am and “working” 2-3 hours ain’t gonna kill me on those days.

I hear ya, been doing my homework for a couple of months now on if it’s a good move or not. I have decided to pursue it, plus I currently get up at 4am to be at work at 5am in the retail business, so that I’m used to, and it will only be that early 5 days a week when having to go to warehouse to pick up product. The other two day’s you just go to the store and work back stock, no set time you have to be there, but being up 6-7am and “working” 2-3 hours ain’t gonna kill me on those days.
Like I said good luck! Gotta sling the bread to make the dough.

Saw it yesterday, didn't have time to post until today
Saw it the day before, got tired of waiting on you to post it so I went ahead :flipoff2:

@93redzj If you’re interested in a good 8.1/Allison truck on the cheap, hit up @josh$$. Been a good problem free truck, that will tow your bread no matter how big your load gets. Be a great starter truck, with a motor considered by most to be one of the best gas towing engines of its era.

@93redzj If you’re interested in a good 8.1/Allison truck on the cheap, hit up @josh$$. Been a good problem free truck, that will tow your bread no matter how big your load gets. Be a great starter truck, with a motor considered by most to be one of the best gas towing engines of its era.

I might be interested in that.

Shot @josh$$ a PM. It was his, and I believe he sold it to his sister a couple years ago and now she’s selling it. He had towed all over with it, it done excellent.

I saw it this AM and was gonna suggest the same... might be hard to break into double digit MPG numbers, but will haul anything you'll have, passing everything on the road but a gas station.

@Tater has an '01/'02 that's probably near 100k now... 3-4 sets of tires, 1 set of brakes, 1 crank position sensor and 18 bottles of "swirl remover" later, it gets the same mileage pulling an empty lawnmower trailer or 13k# enclosed

Thanks for the heads up on that! I had already arranged to go check out a 02 with the 6.0 tomorrow before I seen this, If that doesn’t pan out I’ll be looking into that 8.1

In the last year and a half I believe I have networked and sold about 7 trucks. Just from know someone selling a cheap one and someone looking for one, and bringing those people together.
Now if I could just get @Chris_Keziah truck gone...

Last edited:
According to most of the 8.1L fans on the interwebz, while still a several hundred $$, I suspect some tuning could pay for itself in additional fuel mileage inside of a year?

In the last year and a half I believe I have networked and sold about 7 trucks. Just from know someone selling a cheap one and someone looking for one, and bringing those people together.
Now if I could just get @Chris_Keziah truck gone...
Sell both of his so he can buy @Andy J.'s Excursion

According to most of the 8.1L fans on the interwebz, while still a several hundred $$, I suspect some tuning could pay for itself in additional fuel mileage inside of a year?

I’m not sure you can do anything to increase the mileage on those trucks, but I have heard that a tune REALLY wakes them up and makes them tow a lot better than they already do.

If fuel mileage was important...
Never mind. No one listens to me anyway...

If fuel mileage was important...
Never mind. No one listens to me anyway...

I have simply learned to ignore fuel mileage when towing. If you’re in the truck cheap enough with no payment, it really doesn’t matter.

Even going to AOP and back, if I got 5mpg and gas was $2.15/Gal it would cost me less than $370. Some people spend about that much in addition to a payment and higher insurance.

And I average over 8mpg with the camper and Jeep.

I have simply learned to ignore fuel mileage.

I cut out the unnecessary text :flipoff2:. It's probably the wrong attitude, but I'm going to drive what I want to drive and go where I want to go and when the low fuel light comes on I'll find the cheapest fuel nearby and fill back up.

Duane

Yeah I read about the fuel mileage these get, and when comparing it to a 6.0, they get about the same towing. I’m sure there will be moments when I’m aggravated with the mileage but I won’t worry too much about it, I mean the way I look at it, diesel may get more mpg but also cost more per gallon so it’s a wash in my book.....for $40 i filled the truck up and made it from Morganton back to Concord and only used an 1/8 of a tank in fuel, I’m happy with that, of course it was unloaded but still

Back