Need aluminum rock rings cut.

Mac5005

I have the dxf file of what I would like cut. It is an aluminum rock ring to weld onto aluminum 17" wheels.

Material is to be 1/4" and I prefer 5052.

I have ability to cut this, but I currently don't have time to go get a sheet and cut them. I'd rather just get the rings and weld them on.

I was just curious if a vendor on here has the ability and wants to cut these.

You can keep the dxf file for future use.

Pm me a quote and lead time.

Send me your email and I'll send you the dxf file.

Need 5 of these and OD is 18"

My math tells me 10 pcs will fit in 4x8 sheet. So depending on your price, and desire to have some 1/4 scrap around, I may just get you to cut all 10, and I'll keep the other 5 around for spares.

c219501eb899cab429d84f7bc837e786.jpg

You can probably fit another 5 on a 4x8 by spacing the rows out and doing a staggered middle row. Just a thought...

Someone on here must have water jet access or a capable plasma table...

Last edited:
If you are not worried about another couple inches of weld, you could cut the rings in quarters rather than full pieces and nest them much better and use way less material. Kind of like the TG beadlocks.

If you are not worried about another couple inches of weld, you could cut the rings in quarters rather than full pieces and nest them much better and use way less material. Kind of like the TG beadlocks.

That definitely wouldn't hurt to save a ton of material. That amount of weld increase wouldn't be an issue at all.

Yep, half rings would work too. With whatever type of multi-piece scheme, adding some simple keying geometry to the mating points of the individual sections will help with fixturing time when welding the sections together. Then you could throw them on the table like puzzle pieces and tack them together into a full ring. I'm sure you've already thought of that, but in case you hadn't....

Contact Scott Snowberger at
scotts@qprod.com
He works for QPS a job shop that can make them. Ask about 2 sets as it would be a similar cost then you could maybe sell second set to offset the entire cost.
Tell him John Fries sent you.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Contact Sonny Poole at Fletcher Machine in Lexington. They have cut quite a bit of stuff out for me in the past for work pretty cheap. They have both laser and plasma there.

Sonny Poole
Fletcher Machine Industries Inc.
4305 East U.S. Highway 64
Lexington, NC 27292
Phone: 336.249.6101 Ext.211
Fax: 336.249.6890
E-mail:
spoole@fletcher-machine.com

Contact Sonny Poole at Fletcher Machine in Lexington. They have cut quite a bit of stuff out for me in the past for work pretty cheap. They have both laser and plasma there.

Sonny Poole
Fletcher Machine Industries Inc.
4305 East U.S. Highway 64
Lexington, NC 27292
Phone: 336.249.6101 Ext.211
Fax: 336.249.6890
E-mail:
spoole@fletcher-machine.com

Will they do job shop stuff on the laser? I only know one place with a laser semi-locally, and they stay too busy to want to even quote me.

Will they do job shop stuff on the laser? I only know one place with a laser semi-locally, and they stay too busy to want to even quote me.
They basically have been a job shop for me. Sonny is pretty good, little slow to respond to emails sometimes but they're pricing is way way cheaper than the other vendor we were using for laser/plasma stuff.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Scott at QPS from my earlier post has all the equipment to do that. They probably have the aluminum in stock.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

@MarsFab get your butt in here.

You are the aluminum guru anyway...

Back