Need Help Dismounting tires...

BRUISER

silent.. but deadly
Anyone work at a tire place or have a manula tire changer that i can use
I need to dismount my swampers so I can weld on my new bead locks..

the swampers are 38 TSL just so you know

Thanks
Ken C

Take them to Discount.

They've dismounted many tires for me... free of charge.

Take the valve stem out. Lay a 2x4 from the ground to the bead. Drive
up on 2x4 and stop. Park. get out and use body weight/feet to finish unseating bead. Works for me anyways. .02

JB

We used to do that, sometimes it worked sometimes it didn't. Kinda dangerous. The best way to break the bead to use tire spoons to change the tire would be as follows. Just put a highlift jack between the tire and something heavy ie your rig's bumper. Put the base plate of the jack next to the rim of the tire on the rubber and jack away. It works everytime. :)

ya I will dismount them myself if i have to ....

but if someone has a nice big machine and wants to do it for me that would be even better :)

Dismount, folks, not just break the beads.

Tire King:
8 bucks a set for a dismount
8 bucks for remount minus valve stems (2 ea) and balancing (7.50 ea)

J

I've got a tire changer but I'm guessing I'm a little far.

hobie where are you getting that price ? The idiots at TK here in durham have told be over $10 (EACH) to dismount.... Part of the reason i got a manual changer...

But, problem with the manual changer is, if someone dones't have thier own, they likkly dont know how to use it right, and end up atempting to damage a tire or the machine. Thus I end up doing it. Plus swampers are a pain at times and you need a little finess...

Ken a HF changer is $35 ish on sale definiflty a cheep tool investment. I bolt mine to the trailer when i need to use it... Bead braker feature works nice also :)

yager said:
hobie where are you getting that price ? The idiots at TK here in durham have told be over $10 (EACH) to dismount.... Part of the reason i got a manual changer...

But, problem with the manual changer is, if someone dones't have thier own, they likkly dont know how to use it right, and end up atempting to damage a tire or the machine. Thus I end up doing it. Plus swampers are a pain at times and you need a little finess...

Ken a HF changer is $35 ish on sale definiflty a cheep tool investment. I bolt mine to the trailer when i need to use it... Bead braker feature works nice also :)

The one off old Wake Forest. I know the assistant manager there, and he looked it up in their books (I told him I was going to post it where folks could see).

J

all you need to do is drive up on it or use the hi lift to break the bead and use 2 good long flat screwdrivers or prybars

that how I have done 38.5x16x15 TSLs and 35x14.50 SXs as well

I now have a full tire machine though out of my father in laws old gas station....:D

try Grapehead on here, he works at discount tire.

77jeepcj has got the right idea, I have mounted tires by hand for years, it goes real fast when you learn. make sure you put some soapy water on the bead if you do it by hand, it will make it alot better on you and the tire.

Back