need some front axle advice

You know how dang hot that thing is? The tunnel is at your thigh. Yeah I loved seein that thing when we were at Dixie run but I'll stick with my 6 little japanese tittie punching squirrels and keep my wallet and wife happy.
:driver:

update on the twisted shaft.
after a few other projects to work on, this is back on track.

Took apart the front axle and dropped it off with John and @Cperry at ECGS last Friday.
Laying the bare axle on the floor at their shop you could see that he passenger C was bent upwards a bit and the tube was indeed twisted in the housing. Lotta force with that 3 link on the front for sure.
When all said and done, I should have a psd high pinion 44 with some thick ass tubes and my Ox swapped over that I can then slide my cromo axle shafts into. Getting some new balljoints too! Might as well while we're there and its all apart.
Once I get it back from ECGS, then its off to Chris @MarsFab to get the brackets done. Hoping to get truss done too. Nothing crazy, just something to keep them from twisting again. :rolleyes:

I have a few spare driveshafts from a trooper and an amigo laying around that may actually be the right length where I can just pop in once its all said and done or I'll send a shaft back to @Oliver's to get the length corrected. The isuzu eyelet is unique and flange bolt pattern but they still use a 1310 joint on these.

After all that, Then I'll finally be back to wheeling.
Hope to have it done so I can ride in June but dunno yet.
I'll have standard cut 44 5.38 gears for sale if anyone wants a set. I'll post them for sell once done.
For now, the truck sits in the carport looking all toothless and shoeless. Pretty bumper though.
#IDontBuildBumpers AKA Chris Marshall did a badass job on that. :rockon:

front-IMG_3371.jpg

I thought you were going 60 front?
You’ll be first in line For sure

Yes and no, I've got a Waggy 44 with RCV's to hold me for now. May have a HP housing made if I run in to R&P issues. I'm thinking of buying a chassis and building a buggy, but also at a point with my Jeep that I don't have a GAFF(Give a fuck factor) anymore and could easily (read as fuck ton of hrs, little sleep and lots of fab work) throw a couple of sticks of tube at it and get what I want.

Back