New Blade Series on Spike

Ricky B

Wiiide Open
Just got done watchin the premier episode of the new blade the series on Spike TV trying to decide if I liked it.

Felt alot like I was watching an Underworld Movie, not really a Blade Movie. The whole time I was just waiting for the lycans to show up and Selene (Kate Beckinsale from the Underworld Movies) start kicken some ass (especially since the badguys name is Marcus, whats with bad Vampires being named Marcus?) but the blade character just kinda felt out of place almost. The story line of the new main character chick was good but it felt like I was watching her story and then the producers just kinda tryed to shove blade into her story whenever they could and it didn't seem to mix very well.

The main character chick was definitly hot, vampire chicks are usually pretty hot (Selene from underworld . . . . drool), the chick from the show just made it even better thou. At first they had her kinda dressed down not really showin that she had it goin on then when she started getting pulled into the vampire world and especially after she turned they showed her real appeal and wow . . . But she still needs to kick some ass since she was just learning her new powers she didn't really get into to much this first episode, other than blade randomly tryin to save her all the time. But her story line is what kept the show alive not really the blade character.

At some points (especially the beggining) it felt as cheesey as just any other Scifi B level movie but then at certain points especially as the story line started to develop it turned around and felt more like a real movie. I'll just have to tune in next week I guess and see how it goes before I can give it a definite good or bad review but its definitly got me interested.

Anybody else watch it?

BTW: I literally laughed when Randy Quaid showed up, wow, him supposed to be playing a serious role in a Vampire movie, uh . . . . no, lol. But he's still awsome anyway so yay for him actually getting some screen action.

Well I wanted to watch it but had a long day, and faded out in the recliner somewhere around 9:30ish. Maybe next week.

Yea UFC is the stuff, an actuall fighting show that's interesting, lol. But yea the blade premeir wasnt all too bad, its just going to take some real getting used to seeing that rapper guy "Sticky" playing blade. I also hope the writers do a better job of working blade into the story as well, towards the end of the episode they were starting to do it alot better. The only thing that really bothered me was that Blade got his butt kicked alot. Like even by normal vampires that he could normally in the movie just kill with two moves or something. And then there was one scene where he "got hurt" tucked tale and ran, wtf? Oh well, got a whole season ahead thou I guess, hopefully his character will work out better.

They also hinted to the fact that Lycans might enter the blade series at some point, gonna be sweet if they work it right. But I still think the whole thing smells like an Underworld type knockoff that they shoved blade into.

watched the Matt Hughes special on UFC tonight...

...and for anybody interested, there's and encore presentation of the Blade show at 4pm on Saturday...

Greg

I don't know how you guys watch that stuff! I've never gotten into the vampire(i guess thats what the guy with the 80's rapper haircut is supposed to be??) stuff. Oh well, to each his own, I guess if you watch TV that stuff is about the only interesting thing on these days.

Josh

I didn't know it had already aired... I heard about it though. Vampire movies are my favorite...

It was on again Sunday night, 9-11PM. I'm guessing it was the Pilot. Thing about Pilot episodes of anything is they try to put in at least a little bit of everything the show's going to be about, all in only one or two hours. That can be a bit hard to follow.

I believe I'll be checking it out for the next few to see what happens.

Just got done watchin tonights episode. I definitly liked it more, held my interest alot better than the pilot. Definitly like how Jill Wagners Story is playing out, allthough they shouldn't have killed off that one bad guy already.

Once again thou, the directors or writers or whoever absoluty suck at what there doing. It once again felt like I was watching the vampire movie of Jill Wagner then all of a sudden they would say oh crap thats right we're supposed to be doing this show about Blade lets randomly put him in a scene . . . . time goes on, im likin the story, oh wait we need to put Blade in agian for his random scene, etc, etc. This just is not a series about Blade at all. Its a Vampire movie that they keep trying to randomly shove the character of Blade into. Which is really dissapointing cause Blade is sweet but honestly they might as well call it the Jill Wagner Vampire Series and leave Blade out of it all together.

I would like to have a serious one on one with whoever is in charge cause they suck and they are ruining Blade and his Image by making one story and trying to shove Blade into it. It's not like its the actor playing Blade's fault, it's whoever the idiot is thats in charge of how the story goes.

Oh well, I'll keep watchin cause I like the rest of the show and hope they will figure out how much they are sucking and change it around a bit.

Back