new garage build

Thanks guys, I have a slight case of ocd...:D

sent from a fancy Samsung Note 2 with an illiterate operator. ..

Where's the old Chevy Cummins build.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Got to thinking about chassis weights and the weights I carry daily, and decided a safer bet go with the later heavier chassis, and soon found this deal. Maybe later an old square body project with a cummins, like your heavy red chevy. :)

Also few new tools.

Harbor freight tubing roller with swag wings and power roll setup

Air over hydraulic for my jd2

Small parts bender

Shop press metal brake

Miller Diversion 185 tig welder

im pretty sure we woulda been a lot more productive in the new set up....makes me wish I were still in mayberry!

This is so very impressive! We do not know each other, but if the way you keep your shop is any indication, you and I would get along great. I have a pretty decent case of OCD myself and I love the way you keep your place. I think I spend more time cleaning and organizing my garage than I do working on stuff in it. I am stuck in a two car garage, so I have to keep it clean or it just doesn't work! Most of my buddies just give me a hard time for being so anal, but they seem to keep coming to my house to work on their stuff. Must be because they can't find their tools buried under their junk! Great job once again, I am green with envy!!!

Finished my "bending cart"... wasn't sure what the best terminology would be:confused:

This cart bares the burden of:

Jd2 m3 bender with swag/harbor freight air over hydraulic
Dies-1.75, 1.625, 1.25

Harbor freight tube roller with swag wings and power drive/hydraulic kit
Dies-hf 1, 1.5, 2; swag 1.75

Eastwood bead roller that I adapted the Harbor freight pipe threader, that is used on the tube roller, to drive rather than crank. 6 dies

Northern tool small parts bender with included dies

Northern tool 12 ton press with the swag press brake kit

The swag kits are beef.

uploadfromtaptalk1378762106201.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1378762133738.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1378762157922.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1378762195188.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1378762230003.jpg

I hope the casters are big enough, this bitch got heavy quick. ..

Thanks! For a hobby shop I think it's gonna work well. ... probably not to good for production. Wierd how efficiency for a hobbyist would be a pita for a professional. Plus we have to maximize the space we have. Looking forward to putting these to use.

Man that's a very impressive set up you got there. And they way you done the u haul box is really nice. Makes for a nice area to grill out and what not. Ill have a shop like this when we buy the next house I don't have room for one like this now. Im in the process of building a 12x16 shed for my mowers and parts and junk. Its a little haggard but I only got 300 bucks in it cuz i got the ply wood for free. Great job again on your set up

Finished my welding cart. The millermatic 185 had wheels but i removed them. Acquired a Miller Diversion 165 tig machine a while back and needed a cart. Also had never had room to put plasma on a cart until the new shop. Now they're all in one.

aimg.tapatalk.com_d_13_10_28_9epa7e7e.jpg

aimg.tapatalk.com_d_13_10_28_5u9a9ama.jpg

aimg.tapatalk.com_d_13_10_28_e5ytabe3.jpg

aimg.tapatalk.com_d_13_10_28_y8ezyhaj.jpg

aimg.tapatalk.com_d_13_10_28_7uza3ube.jpg

aimg.tapatalk.com_d_13_10_28_2a9ybu8y.jpg

Nice setup. How easy are those tanks to load in there full?

Your shop is likely big enough to not need it, but I like to put large rubber tires on my welding carts so that they can easily roll into the gravel if needed.

Yea lol 'in the pic I had not cut out the slot between the two tanks for removal yet. I will cut that out next tank swap.

I was going to do the rubber tire thing but I put forklift slots under neath if I need to weld outside, just put it on skid steer.

Back