New to us, motor home

upnover

Grumpy, decrepit Old Man
Found the motor home I was looking for. Went up to Rocky Mount, near Roanoke VA yesterday and drove her home.
Specs
1999 Ford E450, V-10, Auto with OD, 4K Generator,
Not perfect, but was the right money and I think Leslie and I will enjoy. Not to mention
Our kids(Semi, Sophie, and Jake will too!

5Y15V25Z13n13m03o3bb3ae38c981f87a181b.jpg

5Z25T05U13m33p73l0bb33fda640d95401ed0.jpg

Now all you need is the Raytheon Marine satellite tv antenna. :)
Maintains signal lock while you are moving so the kids can watch anything on those long trips. And no time wasted setting it up when you get to a camp ground.

Sent from my DROID LXIX using tapakegga

LOL... what's with you an the in-motion sat antennas?

At the moment, doesn't have a TV LOL not high on the priority list. but will eventually have one. As far as in motion, a DVD player will do just fine

Nice camper!
For what it's worth, baby that V10 with a good synthetic oil. They have to spin a lot of rpm's to climb a hill.

My hometown of Rocky Mount...you probably found the only thing worth buying there :) Would love to see interior pics!

Congrats to you and Leslie! Very nice upgrade :driver:

Looks like we got ourselves a convoy......come on. :lol:

Great looking motorhome Chip!

Sure hope ya got a nice guest room for when the "older folks" come for a visit! :lol:

All BS aside, very nice Chip & Leslie... happy for you! :)

Thanks all.
Spent the day having the tires balanced. Every tire was out at least an once, some as much as 5.75. I could understand if they were worn tires, but these are practically new!. Also had one bent wheel. Probably happened when it had a blow out with the PO.

Filled up the propane, all of 11 gallons. $34 worth.

Don it has a scissor couch, sleeps two, dinette tables lays down for two more, a queen over the cab and a queen in the back.

The mattress is so so, Leslie wants to get a pillow top memory foam one like we have on our bed here. That will be a while, they are high!

Congrats brother!

They have to spin a lot of rpm's to climb a hill.

Ditto! My buds '99 V10 (Banks *everything* - intake, headers, exhaust, engine/tranny chips) will twist up crazy pulling a grade... sounds VERY un-natural, like it's gonna come apart in spectacular fashion, but it hasn't in 175K+ miles... yet :lol:

Can I still park my redneck hauler next to you Chip? ... Dat's Purdy Nice!! ... kinda lowers my property value though...thx pal...

Nice rig.
Love shack baby! LOL.

Nice upgrade Chip! I'm sure both of you will enjoy it!

I just saw a 3 or 4 inch memory foam mattress topper at wal mart for like $100. Nice Motor home!

Scored a 19" Flat screen TV for the RV this week off of Craigs list. Also got a cheapo DVD player from my son, so now at least if it's bad weather somewhere we will have something to do besides playing cards. Cards are not so much fun anyhow these days. She don't allow me to win anymore! LOL

ON the want list we are sill looking for:

An under counter coffee maker
One of those stick vaccums(not sure the right name)
Some seats out of a conversion van. The big plush comfy ones
a regular full size pillow top memory foam mattress( we are gonna down size to give more walk around room in the bed room)

just to name a few things

I've got a stick vaccumie thing I'll give you. Stop by one day and pick it up. it's something kinda like this but not exactly.

As far as coffee makers the $14 dollar ones at Target make the best coffee.

Attachments

• vacume.png
    vacume.png
    48.5 KB · Views: 324
Back