New Tow Rig and Camper setup

BRUISER

silent.. but deadly
Well I recently came across a really good deal on a Tow Rig and this weekend I just picked up my (new to me ) camper

Truck: '92 F250 with tow package
Camper: '74 8Foot Sleep with table, closet, queen bed, 16 Gallon water tank, 110v, propane, battery, Stove, Sink, Heater, fans, and lot os storage..

Now If I can just get my Trailer done and stop working on everyone elses rig I will be all set..

Attachments

• towrig1.jpg
    towrig1.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 734
NICE Ken ..... and Galen ! I hadn't seen either yet. Life is good with tin can tents ! ;)

JB

Well Loaded up Jeep on Trailer and took, entire getup to scales and I weighted 13,500LBs.. so I am guess that w/ Jess, Dogs, Ice, etc. I was 14,000LBs going down the street.

only good pics I have

Attachments

• uwharrie4_30_05 015small.jpg
    uwharrie4_30_05 015small.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 536
Wow, for that trailer being so new, it really looks old.. :flipoff2:

Rich said:
Wow, for that trailer being so new, it really looks old.. :flipoff2:

hahhha wise guy

I used a buddy's I am starting on mine again next week :)

Sweet rig!

A few questions...
1) What mill is in the F250?
2) Do you have "overload" leafs in the rear?
3) What's your guesstimation of the trailer/Jeep weight?

Just trying to get a handle on dragging my trash... I don't anticipate any issues pulling what I estimate will be about 5500#'s worth of trailer/Jeep with a fairly heavy 3/4ton, but I don't have overloads and wonder if it'll effect things too much...

Caver Dave said:
Sweet rig!

A few questions...
1) What mill is in the F250?
2) Do you have "overload" leafs in the rear?
3) What's your guesstimation of the trailer/Jeep weight?

Just trying to get a handle on dragging my trash... I don't anticipate any issues pulling what I estimate will be about 5500#'s worth of trailer/Jeep with a fairly heavy 3/4ton, but I don't have overloads and wonder if it'll effect things too much...
Craver Dave,
I was talking to him on the last ride and I think it was 14,000 to 14,500 when he had it weighed.
No over loads that I remember and the mid size gas if I remember.
I'm sure he will get back with you soon.
He has now made me start looking for a camper but with my rig weight around 18,000 to 18,500 with a camper shell I think it would put me up to high.
Jon

Kens truck originaly had a diesel in it, but it went bye, bye and now has the 460 gasser in it, same as mine.

Back