Not A Pity Thread

ponykilr

Well, maybe a sympathy thread LOL

More injections in my lower back. Imagine lying on a table while being slowly stabbed all the way into the disc space in your spine, then getting several cc's of fluid under pressure pushed in an already incredibly sore area. Both sides, 3 places in 3 discs each side. This is the 5th set, it does not get easier.

Surgeon shook my hand and said he could not help. They are talking neural implant. I think my wrenching is going to get more and more restricted. My dreams of being a river dance champion are over.
awww.ford_trucks.com_forums_images_smilies_happy0161.gif

Back is ruined from my career and a couple of accidents. I should have treated it better.

TL/DR My back is fragged and I can't fix it, it makes me has a sad.

"take care of your back" is one of those things you hear when your young, and dont understand til its too late.

Always hate to hear this. Never seems there is much you can do for back issues. Unfortunately I feel life is going to catch up to me eventually and I'll have issues with mine. For the stuff I've done and what I regularly do I feel extremely fortunate I don't have any issues with it now.

I'm 31 and just had my second back surgery in Dec so I can understand the pain. I think I would rather have the dern surgery than have those shots again. Surgery won't make you 16 again but it helped me a lot both times. I don't know the shape or situation with your back but don't give up. Maybe you can find a dr that can help you. I used the same neurosurgeon both times. If you would like his name shoot me a pm. Good luck.

Have you looked into other forms of pain relief? A close family friend worked for ups broke his back, he has had 7 back surgery's the last one left him paralyzed for almost two months. He was taking a handful of pills a day and they weren't working to control his pain. He finally got one of the shock packs (sorry don't know what they are really called) within a few weeks he had taken himself off all meds and started doing wood working again. Hasn't had any problems for a couple years now.

Have you looked into other forms of pain relief? A close family friend worked for ups broke his back, he has had 7 back surgery's the last one left him paralyzed for almost two months. He was taking a handful of pills a day and they weren't working to control his pain. He finally got one of the shock packs (sorry don't know what they are really called) within a few weeks he had taken himself off all meds and started doing wood working again. Hasn't had any problems for a couple years now.

I have one of the things I think you're talking about for my back. Its a tens unit(Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation). Helps a lot when my is hurting bad.

I have a TENS, it helps. The neural implant is sort of like it but would be inside my back.

I hate that for you. I have a little trouble, but I know it will just get worse. My mom, on the other hand, had a fusion a year and a half ago and has been terrible ever since. It's terrible to be down and out with your back. She is testing out one of the stimulator units starting this week.

I thank my mom sometimes for the great genes. She can barely get around some days.
My wife says "that's you in 20 years" with the walker on bad days and cane on good ones.

I had injections in my back for a couple of years. It ended up helping but if I over do it I can really feel it. I still remember laying on the table. It's like a big drill press but it's a needle instead. I never took the Xanax they offered. I figured I'd rather just get it over with instead of waiting a while and feeling loopy. Good luck with your treatment.

Is fusion not an option for you?

My wife had three vertebrae in her neck fused together about two years ago. Her situation got so bad that her arms would go numb when she laid down in bed at night. She ended up having to sleep in a recliner for several weeks leading up to the surgery. She is MUCH better now and is pain free many days, and only requires meds rarely now to get by. I can pass on her doctors name if you like. He was HIGHLY recommended, and did a great job.

Last edited:
I think he has a neural implant. He has a little pack he attaches to an implanted port in his side

Isn't technology cool?

Wait til you see the ones that go into your brain :D

Is fusion not an option for you?

My wife had three vertebrae in her neck fused together about two years ago. Her situation got so bad that her arms would go numb when she laid down in bed at night. She ended up having to sleep in a recliner for several weeks leading up to the surgery. She is MUCH better now and is pain free many days, and only requires meds rarely now to get by. I can pass on her doctors name if you like. He was HIGHLY recommended, and did a great job.

No, that is just for disc issues and can help mostly with leg pain (sciatica) but most of my issues are in the joint. The part to the rear of the discs. There is no surgery that can help that. The surgeon also said if they were to attempt a fusion, there would be a good chance there would be zero difference in the leg pain and that every disc they fuse, the one above it would degenerate faster and cause more pain from the joints. He was very sympathetic but said at this point there isn't a technology to help these types of cases.

I also had 3 verts fused in my neck about ten years ago.

"take care of your back" is one of those things you hear when your young, and dont understand til its too late.
having had a herniated disc and surgery for it, I'm extremely attentive to keeping my back straight and lifting with my legs now. makes me cringe when I watch my kids and wife lean over and lift furniture to move it. I constantly get on to them about it. but they just roll their eyes. FINE! but I don't want to hear shit when their back is pooched!

Most of my issues are hereditary but my lifelong activities and abuses have sped it along.

I cringe too when I see young guys and the way they abuse their knees (another problem I have, right knee 3 surgeries and still locks up) and backs without a thought.

Back