[Nov 8, 2013] 3RD Annual Uwharrie Veterans ride Nov 8th-10th (Troy, NC)

I'd like to come down if my jeep is still together after the Dixie run, but I'm on 42s.
Ask anyone who's wheeled with me though, I'm scared to death of the little pedal on the right.

Sent while I should have been doing something constructive...

I'd like to come down if my jeep is still together after the Dixie run, but I'm on 42s.
Ask anyone who's wheeled with me though, I'm scared to death of the little pedal on the right.

I will vouch for you on this one...

I believe that a tire size maximum of somewhere around 38" has been part of the discussions with the owner but that issue has not been finalized nor set in stone. The deal is that you have to drive your rig from The Outpost/UORTC to the property which is 4 miles away, so you will want to be tagged and street legal. This also helps with landowner concerns in that each rig will have some insurance. I believe there will be more info available on this property and event at the Fall Jamboree!

Last edited:
You do realize on a given difficulty of trail that a rig on 33s open and struggling will do much more damage than a rig on 40s just cruising?
Not trying to stir up anything, it's private land and the owner's prerogative to do as they like, but it seems you will be alienating a large, involved group of wheelers with an arbitrary max tire size.

That was a collective "you", not you personally.

hmmmm...my tires are only 7.5 inches wide and 32 inches tall and I have no lift. I sure hope I meet the minimum rig requirements.

Before this gets way off base here, this ride is not about tire sizes, who you usually wheel with, or what group you usually wheel with. This ride is about Veterans, past and present, to honor them and have time for comradary with one another and time to remember the ones that we have lost.

If there is a max tire size set before the ride date we will stick to it, in that case you will still be delt cards for the poker run and are more than welcome to go hit the trails in the forest in groups or however you want to.

If someone is just wanting to come to the ride just to wheel the new piece of property, then you are coming for the wrong reason. This ride means a lot to many people.

Planning to make this event if I can get the days off and bringing 2 military buddies.

Please pass the word! If you know anyone active stationed at a base ,call them, pick em up and bring em out.

There will be Veterans active and retired there with no rig, lets treat em to a great time on the trails!

Before this gets way off base here, this ride is not about tire sizes, who you usually wheel with, or what group you usually wheel with. This ride is about Veterans, past and present, to honor them and have time for comradary with one another and time to remember the ones that we have lost.

If there is a max tire size set before the ride date we will stick to it, in that case you will still be delt cards for the poker run and are more than welcome to go hit the trails in the forest in groups or however you want to.

If someone is just wanting to come to the ride just to wheel the new piece of property, then you are coming for the wrong reason. This ride means a lot to many people.
Jason,I'd be there even if I left my rig at home brother.

Post 14 has been modified, again.
As a vet, i will make this ride as usual for the third year.
And will have an open shotgun seat in my trap.
:)

Last edited:
I am in the same boat Paul. Thank you for your service, as well as all vets. I do hope the event is a success even with out all the big tires. And thank you vets for your service, without it, we might not have a national forest to use. A place where anyone can ride, what ever they own.

Really? It's going in this direction? Being one that rides on the minimum side of things, I have to live with size requirements evertime I go out.One PRIVATE lande owner comes up and gives a max size and all hell breaks loose. Jason didn't say you couldn't come.Jason also said this wasn't about the ride or rig either.It's about YOU vets. Stop the bitchin and come on out anyhow. Hell I'll boycott the private land and ride with you in the forrest.

THERE WILL BE NO PRIVATE LAND INVOLVED. Poker run will be in the national forest only so everyone can ride together.

We will do the checkpoints like l;ast year, and of course an extra card for bringing in a bag of trash!

No tire size limits but has to get at least 50 smiles per gallon.

Last edited:
Back