[Nov 9, 2012] 2ND Annual Veterans Ride at UNF (eldorado nc)

Jason you know we're helping you out, and glad to do it!

As a recent retired vet, i will try my derndest to make this event.

Updates!! I would like to welcome Snappy and all the Cub Scouts of Farmer pack 409! The pack will be joining us to help raise some money for there pack and get to see what veterans day is all about.

THe pack will be selling fresh roasted corn on site saturday at the training center. They roast it fresh in the husk, peel it back slop on the butter and you can salt to taste!
They will also be saleing baked goods such as brownies, and cupcakes.
Roasted corn 3$ an ear or 2 for 5$, drinks 1$ and baked goods as marked
All proceeds from corn and bake sale will go to help pack 409!

Please give a big welcome to these guys as they experience what Veterans day is all about!

A BIG THANK YOU out to the Carolina Gaurd Offroad Club, as they will be joining us this year and will be holding a Memorial To The Fallen ceremony directly after the poker run prizes are awarded this year. The ceremony will be held in the field of the training center before sundown to honor all of the service Men an Women that are no longer with us, the ceremony will be fllowed by taps and time to reflect around the fire.

Once again, If you know a veteran in youre family, on youre street, at youre church, please bring them out this year and let them experience the brotherhood of the offroad comunity!
We will make sure thay get a ride for the poker run!

If you or someone you are bringing with you is a vietnam veteran or older please let me know via pm. We are doing something very special for these folks this year! If you need further info please call Jason at 828 855 618one
MAY WE NEVER FORGET FOR THEN ALL IS LOST

Getting a little closer to november, If there is a veteran in youre life make sure to bring em out this year!

Had a great meating and wheelin trip with the Stand Down House this weekend. Some great raffle prizes are coming together, including a golf vacation in florida! Really looking forward to the ride this year and cant wait to see everyone there.

Also this year everyone through the gat will recieve a meal ticket, much like last year. This year youre ticket is good for 2 hotdogs, chips and a drink! Big thankyou to Vesco Toyota Lift for spomsoring our meals this year!

Poke to afew good freinds last weekend, I garuntee a very warm fire sat night, dont let the cool november air deter you.

You bet lol this fire will be awesome!!!

I'll do what i can to help. Btw this is Clint

Good to see ya hear on the forum brotha, I highly appreciate youre help, and you will have a ride for the poker run I promise you that.

you could ride with Brad banks, Another one of them crazy Jarheads!

Last edited:
Don't punish brad like that lol

Thanks for linking the thread bud, look forward to meeting you. I am sure youll meet some good people to ride with in the future as well!

Jason, is there any itenarary of what and when things will happen? Don't mean to put you on the spot but I had those questions asked to me this weekend. We've been talking it up pretty good at the Cart.

Yes, Just as a quick summary.

Friday the 9th, uortc gates are open to set up camp, hang out or hit the trails.
Sat the 10th, 9am poker run meeting at the shelter near the pond to split up into goups
3pm Everyone back to the training center to turn in poker run hands and hit up your hot dog guy( 2 dogs, chips and soda with the ticket from gate at entry)
4pm Awards for top 3 in the porker run, followed by something special for our senior veterans!
5 pm Memorial to the fallen ceremony at the center of the field followed by taps.
After the ceremony we will light the huge fire ring near the lower shelter for time to reflect on the day and memories of those we no longer have with us, and I am sure a few stories!

Everyone is welcome to stay till sunday afternoon to catch some more trail time!

If you or someone you are bringing with you are a vietnam veteran or older please let me know as soon as possible!

I posted this in the NC section of jeepforum.

Back