[Oct 12, 2018] CTB Fun Caravan 2018 (Uwharrie, NC)

So now I am having steering column issues. Fml I think a bearing is gone. I’m still gonna try and show up. This Jeep is getting on my last nerve lol. I’m just gonna send it and hope we get back to the trailer

Hello all.

Just signed up after reading this post.

Are the trails rides beginner friendly? 49 years old and a total newbie at this.

Thanks!
-Dennis

Last edited:
I’d love to ride with you guys again. I might have to work something out. Will likely have a kid or 2 instead of a dog this time though. Lol

Looks like I will be able to come down friday for the ride.
Is there any type of preregistration for the different trail rides like there was for the SFWD ride earlier this summer?
I would really like to ride big creek, just wondering if the groups for that ride might be full?

If anyone could give us a report of trail conditions, etc of the uwharrie trails and surrounding area this evening that would be amazing. I think we're going to come out and bring the CJ this weekend. I don't know what to expect of the trail systems after all this rain. I'm seeing a lot of flooding posted across NC from all the rain today. If you're there, please report!

Not sure if you’ll get a report today, but I know from experience in the last Uwharrie usually drys very fast. All the water runs off quickly and the stream go back to normal very fast. It might be a little slick Saturday but it will be mostly back to normal by lunch time most likely.

I intend to be there by lunchtime on Friday at the latest.

I’m expecting and looking forward to it being quite slick on Friday. I was going to wash the mold off the truck, but figured there’s no point with all the mud we’ll be slinging. :rockon:

Yeah I had planned to put the half ass @CasterTroy treatment (not that he has a half ass when it comes to vehicle detailing) on my Jeep but I don't think it's worth it given all the rain.

Not worried about difficulty just hate mud, :)

Looks like the eye went right over Uwharrie, in fact seems to be over it now or what's left of it. Wonder if any trees came down or trail damage.

They had quite a few down off the sides of the trail, hopefully all that fall, if any, will fall in the right direction.

Not sure if you’ll get a report today, but I know from experience in the last Uwharrie usually drys very fast. All the water runs off quickly and the stream go back to normal very fast. It might be a little slick Saturday but it will be mostly back to normal by lunch time most likely.

Some parts dry fast some stay pretty wet and treacherous for a long time. Knowing that they have been particularly worried about a few of the major intersection when wet I wonder if they will close anything. Last couple of work days they wanted to haul rock out to firm them up but it did not get delivered in time not sure if it ever got installed.

FWIW, that storm is moving FAST! About 2-3 hrs ago the wind was blowing HARD and it was raining it's balls off in Charlotte. It's now blue sky, sunny and the wind is barely blowing.

FWIW, that storm is moving FAST! About 2-3 hrs ago the wind was blowing HARD and it was raining it's balls off in Charlotte. It's now blue sky, sunny and the wind is barely blowing.

the wind FINALLY just died down here in K-vegas… it was insane for a bit.

Back