[Oct 12, 2018] CTB Fun Caravan 2018 (Uwharrie, NC)

Not sure why you guys are not postponing this. 400,000 people are with out power in NC. Lots of flooding across the state. People will be cleaning up not wheeling. I know I would like to come but with all this rain I will be pumping water from my crawlspace well into Saturday.

Not sure why you guys are not postponing .

12 months of planning
8 months of jeep raffle sales
Over 1000 ticket holders

That's why

Most people w po uld understand.
I cant make 5 people in my house happy with a decision on dinner, you think all 1000 people will all be fine with postponing the event?

Cakes ordered, church is decorated, this wedding is happening

I cant make 5 people in my house happy with a decision on dinner, you think 1000 people will all be fine with postponing the event?

That is true. You will never please everyone. A lot of people are going to stay home cause of the weather though. So which part of the people do you piss off?

I bet a majority of them would not mind. I run a big charity shooting match for green beret foundation where people pay 500 bucks to shoot we postponed it due to florence. Not a single person complained or asked for money back.

Like Shane said winners do not have to be present to win, this event has been planned for a very long time and it's going to be a very special day also for some of Scott's family, I hate that a lot of people are having issues with flooding and power outages but at this point we cannot move the event.

Just going to impact your attendance. I know I would have least done a day trip. But my power is out now so my crawlspace will have even more water to pump. I imagine many others will stay home because of storm damage or trail conditions.

I was out delivering in all this mess. I don’t run Troy during the week but I run the surrounding towns. I can tell you that they got slammed today. Trees were down and tons of flooding on backroads.

Looks like I'm going to have to day trip this. Got storm related issues I need to attend to here. Be up tomorrow, worst case for the raffles and dinner.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Anyone out there yet for condition report?

We're trying to get a game plan together. :)Unfortunately we have no power & no estimate for when it'll be restored so may have to clamp exhaust together instead of welding it for now

Anyone out there yet for condition report?

We're trying to get a game plan together. :)Unfortunately we have no power & no estimate for when it'll be restored so may have to clamp exhaust together instead of welding it for now
We are here but haven’t hit any trails. Looks like a normal clear sky beautiful day with only a couple trees down between wnc and here that we noticed.

The 5017 Westhaven Ln address from the Facebook link from the first post is where we can camp?

The wife and I should be up there in a few hours

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

The 5017 Westhaven Ln address from the Facebook link from the first post is where we can camp?

The wife and I should be up there in a few hours

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
4026 NC Hwy 109 N.
Uwharrie, NC 27371

This is the address of the event and where most will camp. It may come up as a Troy, NC address in GPS or Navigation.

Actual weather report:
CE189763-314D-4847-BA99-322751B37491.jpeg

There’s a few small puddles around but the ground isn’t nearly as soggy as I expected.

Access roads are fine. You can see where some trees have been cleared. All the usual potholes plus a couple more. If we get on the trails tonight I’ll post afterwards.

We are at Badin Lake CG #19. Feel free to stop by and say hey, especially if you have kids! We have a 2 year old and a 6 year old.

Back