Official Work Weekend Donation Challenge Tally/Count Thread

DRaider90

Uwharrie Off-Road Volunteering
I know we have a bunch of these threads including the one Terry The Hot Dog Guy posted (big thanks!), but some have been derailed and to get things on track and get all the information together in one spot here we go.

First off if you want to donate via paypal my paypal is SandD3Man@gmail.com (Eli & Cathy Pupavatz). I keep track of all the donations that come through there, which makes it easy to keep records etc.

You are also more than welcome to donate via check/cash etc. What ever works for you.

As many are aware the big thing is that the Work Weekend isn't a NC4X4/FoU event. Its an event for the ENTIRE OHV COMMUNITY, and so far the clubs are helping out A LOT! A big thanks goes out to them!

Here is what we are looking at as far as donations go:

Triad Trial Junkies Coozie Sales - $20
Triad Trail Junkies - $200
Trail Jammers Club - $60
Decomp Trail Riders - $50
NAXJA SEC/NATIONAL - $600
CORE - $200
M&M Off-Road - $20
American Hotdog - $20
Individual Donations - $170
Total - $1,340

$50-$75 Still needed for Fuel Costs

workweekend.jpg

We are still at $180 Committed, if Terry would be willing to sell the club coozies, any money he makes can go directly to this fund. I've got 50 in a box ready to go, I just don't have a way to sell them fast enough to make a dent. If he sold them for $2 a piece thats $100 more for the club fund assuming he was able to sell all 50.

Will see if we can get some more committed at our upcoming events.

Is there any way to get them to me? We're going down this Saturday and Sunday. PM me or call 336-768-8504 I'll help in any way I can. I can meet you in K-ville if that helps.

Met up with Terry, gave him the coozies, hopefully they sell and that will help with the raising of the money.

Met up with Terry, gave him the coozies, hopefully they sell and that will help with the raising of the money.

That was quick! Good to hear, hopefully they will sell quickly!

The paypal donations are starting to come in which is great, including an individual's donation of $50 which is a nice chunk of change. Big thanks for to those that are donating. We are close enough to covering one days rental for both machines I can go ahead and reserve them for the work weekend. But we aren't anywhere near done, so lets keep the ball rolling! :beer:

I can paypal you the $100 from the club, aswell as my $20 about whenever. Haven't collected the rest.

Shared this info on a few other forums, but unfortunately have had no interest.

Talking to one of our guys about bringing a tractor with FEL and also another tractor that has a box scraper if that helps, can't be 100% yet unfortunately because you know how plans change, but the tractor with the box scraper seems very doable, the one with the FEL is a bit more hesitant.

Is this work weekend in June? June 17-19th You left that out of this thread. Also is the dollars on hand what has been pledged or what has been raised?

Is this work weekend in June? June 17-19th You left that out of this thread. Also is the dollars on hand what has been pledged or what has been raised?

This is the June work weekend yes. The dollars that have been accounted for totals $300, the total pledged is around the $500 mark.

With the tallying all the committed/donated dollars together we are now at $1,100. That includes the money from TTJ, TJC, DTR, NAXJA, and personal donations. We still have $200 to go just to cover rental fees, and then an additional $500 to cover other costs such as fuel, other tools, etc. I updated the tally bar/image with a 2nd bar to keep count of money raised for fuel etc. I also added a cost break down so you can see exactly where the money is going.

I am also trying to get a Cabin down off of green gap rd secured for the volunteers staying for the weekend. Because I know working 2 days in the heat/humidity isn't fun, having somewhere to go back to in the A/C and take a shower is key. Having a cabin for past work days has helped us also get more done, and get more people to show up. Because there are a number of people that don't like camping in the heat/humidity of the summer. It also helps us with parking/trailers/equipment considering we will have 2 bobcats plus trailers/attachments etc.

So lets keep the ball rolling! Don't forget every little bit helps! :beer:

Ok so we are still $200 short. Lets see if 20 people can give $10 each. That is packing lunch one day instead of buying it out. Come on guys you can do that.

Yeah, that's the goal, this event is honestly a lot closer than I thought, man time flies.

who is the rental coming from? maybe they can donate the rental of the skid steers or at least 1 or 2 of them...?

I believe I read they are donating the additional attachments or something like that.

who is the rental coming from? maybe they can donate the rental of the skid steers or at least 1 or 2 of them...?

RS Braswell in Kannapolis

Currently trying to find a way to get the T190 hauled to Uwharrie and back, Ive got a trailer that can haul it, but honestly don't have access to a truck able to pull the trailer with that kind of weight. Also don't have the chains to tie it down, I just have the straps I use for my jeep.

The rental manager has given us the Auger attachment w/ 9" bit for free in the past. He will be helping with attachments for the work weekend, but we may end up having to pay for at least one of them since we are talking 3 attachments not just one (Auger, Hydraulic Breaker, and 4in1 Combination Bucket). That is what the $100 attachment allotment is for. But we try to keep this information low key, because the owner of the rental company isn't too supportive of the idea of "freebies".

I am confused...Why do you need money for hand tools, and lodging?

I thought the point of the volunteer work day was for people to bring hand tools to use? and who's lodging are we paying for?

I am confused...Why do you need money for hand tools, and lodging?

I thought the point of the volunteer work day was for people to bring hand tools to use? and who's lodging are we paying for?

As far as tools are concerned people aren't always able to bring them. Like the chains we use for dragging guard rail, multiple workdays we were limited in our work because we didn't have chains to drag the railing. So we had to use straps in odd configurations etc to get what we could done. So I went to Home Depot and bought three 2' hd chains, 6 hooks, and 6 d-rings. It was about $50 or so I spent out of my pocket. So there are some tools that have to be purchased. For the work weekend there will be a lot of tamping to do, so I may need to go pick up tools related to that etc. It all depends on what people can and cannot bring.

After what is allocated for Fuel (at over $4 a gallon for diesel most of the money is for that), and then tools, a small part would be to help with the cost of the Cabin for the volunteers if we aren't able to cover it all. Usually everyone pitches in and pays for it, but there is always a little bit left over that I usually end up having to pay for extra. In all reality as long as we get enough money to cover the equipment/tools and fuel we will be good. The Cabin idea is just a nice thought to make it nicer for the volunteers seeing we will be working in the summer heat all day. And that there are people that don't like camping/staying over night in the heat/humidity. It usually brings out more people that other wise wouldn't show up.

CORE is in for $200....
Eli, I sent you a pm but your inbox is full....
Tim

That is great, sorry about my PM box being full Tom had just sent me a message about the same thing but he said he didn't have an amount yet. That will cover the rest of the rental costs which is a huge step forward. Thanks again to everyone that has donated so far, and to those that will still donate. Fuel is our next concern, I don't know what diesel is right now but I am pretty sure its over $4 a gallon.

DRaider90 said:
As far as tools are concerned people aren't always able to bring them. Like the chains we use for dragging guard rail, multiple workdays we were limited in our work because we didn't have chains to drag the railing. So we had to use straps in odd configurations etc to get what we could done. So I went to Home Depot and bought three 2' hd chains, 6 hooks, and 6 d-rings. It was about $50 or so I spent out of my pocket. So there are some tools that have to be purchased. For the work weekend there will be a lot of tamping to do, so I may need to go pick up tools related to that etc. It all depends on what people can and cannot bring.

sorry but, wow is all I can say.

.. a small part would be to help with the cost of the Cabin for the volunteers if we aren't able to cover it all. Usually everyone pitches in and pays for it, but there is always a little bit left over that I usually end up having to pay for extra. In all reality as long as we get enough money to cover the equipment/tools and fuel we will be good. The Cabin idea is just a nice thought to make it nicer for the volunteers seeing we will be working in the summer heat all day. And that there are people that don't like camping/staying over night in the heat/humidity. It usually brings out more people that other wise wouldn't show up.

you do know that if you volunteer for the workday you get free camping at group camp which has showers, and you can also use the showers at arrowhead.. sorry but the cabin cost should be on you or anyone that stays in it, not others..

Ok update time.

With the money from M&M , American Hot Dog, and the TTJ Coozie money we are above the cost of the rental which is:

$1,316.97

Figuring the cost of the rental we have $43.03 so far to go to fuel and any possible attachment costs.

THE CABIN IDEA HAS BEEN SCRAPPED

So no one has to worry about any money going to a cabin for the volunteers to stay in. I was at RS Braswell Bobcat, and the rental manager we have been dealing with wasn't there. But I was able to get a copy of a sheet he had laid out for the final price. That is where the above number comes from. Only thing up in the air now is the attachments. He has helped us in the past with the Auger giving it to us for free. So we will see.

In other words its not over yet, we still need any donations we can get. And again in some chance we raise money and have some left over the money will go directly to a Bobcat/Equipment rental later in the year.

workweekend.jpg

One of the donating clubs has had some people fall through on their donations, so we are down over $140. Which puts us at now needing $76.97 just to cover the rentals. That doesn't even put us into the 2nd bar for fuel or any other expenses.

workweekend.jpg

We are less than 3 weeks out from the work weekend, and we still have around $100 to raise just to cover the rental.

We are good for $200 instead of the original $180, I will try to boost that a little bit more.

Back