OFFROAD OVERSTOCK WARNING

This goes in the bad vendor section... do I see a mini-pirate starting?

Well, Im glad it wasnt just me.
I ordered a back seat for the CJ project from OO.
They didnt ship for 12 weeks (despite being emailed the day off order and being told they were in stock and would ship immediately.
Mind you I was charged day 1.
Then when they arrived they were wrong. They were actually a more expensive style, but didnt match my fronts.

I emailed and explained and offered to even pay for return shipping. Was told to "shut up and be happy I got a deal.

I replied, they aren't what I want, and reccieved the reply, fuck off and buy someone elses...

I just assumed it was a 1 off deal and sold the seat on ebay....

Now, I wish I would have made a bigger deal out of it.

Was told to "shut up and be happy I got a deal.
I replied, they aren't what I want, and reccieved the reply, fuck off and buy someone elses...

Nice, what a great place to buy from:shaking:

How do people like this stay in busuness? I guess having the lowest price is the biggest selling point, no matter how crappy the company. USA6x6 is another prime example.

I just read that entire thread and WOW!

That guy is the douche. I dont think he will too busy next week.

I am absolutely amazed people like that stay in business. I spend all day jumping through hoops and bending over backwards to make customers happy. Maybe it's one of those abusive relationship things. You always wonder why the girl stays with the guy who treats her like crap.

Something to think about when you are buying parts. I highly recommend supporting your local 4x4 vendors. Whether it's me or one of the other fine vendors that participate on this board, support the local guys who are willing to go out of their way to make sure you get exactly what you want. It may not be at the lowest conceivable price on the face of the earth, but in the long it WILL be worth your while.

Holy shit... What a load of crap. Instead of manning up when he found out that those flanges were purchased from him, he gets all internet tough-guy...

I'd like to see him say that to Austin's face.. :lol:

I am absolutely amazed people like that stay in business. I spend all day jumping through hoops and bending over backwards to make customers happy. Maybe it's one of those abusive relationship things. You always wonder why the girl stays with the guy who treats her like crap.

Something to think about when you are buying parts. I highly recommend supporting your local 4x4 vendors. Whether it's me or one of the other fine vendors that participate on this board, support the local guys who are willing to go out of their way to make sure you get exactly what you want. It may not be at the lowest conceivable price on the face of the earth, but in the long it WILL be worth your while.

Very well put. When you do not support your local shop, you cannot be upset when that shop decides to close up because they just don't feel it is worth it to them anymore. Working 80-100 hours a week gets really old when 30-50 of those hours are dealt dealing with potential customers (I say potential because the people that like to argue are the ones who never buy much) that want to argue over a few bucks. They want all the service of a local shop(assuming it is a good local shop) with the price of a guy sitting in their house slinging parts with little to no overhead. When your local shop decides to do something different, your local source of info and support will no longer be there when you really need them.........

Just my $0.02

And Austin, just let me know if you need a set of drive flanges, I have plenty in stock to help you out with.

Andy

OFFROAD OVERSTOCK
I will tell everyone I know not to deal with this company.
thanks for the tip. there are several local shops that hangout in this forum. i try to give them my business .
i reccomend: carolina rock shop or blackoutautosports.com
two great shops in my opinion.

Back