Parks Chevy in Kernersville NC

jeep_jeep_NC82

I bought a used 2011 jeep from Parks in Kernersville on 9/21...11 days later, (10/09) my engine light came on. (thank goodness for purchasing a warranty). I returned to the dealership service to diagnosis the issue. Apparently the fuel line was cracked, and thus needed a new line and a new tank. I be not believe that this issue just happened during the 11 days of ownership. At first I was advise by service, that I would not have to pay out of pocket for my deductible. Today, I have been told by service that I will have to pay my deductible of $200, on a car that was only purchased 11 days prior, and only driven to Costco and back in my possession. I was told that it was sales manager Gary Faddis, that would not authorize the coverage of my deductible. This experience has made me question the quality of inspection the company has on used cars they purchase, and how they do not stand by their service assuring me, that they understand and I would not pay out of packet, for an issue on an 11 day old purchase. I find this to be extremely disheartening and borderline dismissive … There you have it guys, I am not a happy camper right vnow..

I have left this review on Google, their facebook page, and dealer rater.

well...a quick google review...and the general manager Larry Phelps contacted me...

General Manager Larry Phelps has heard my issues, and resolved the issues, with prompt professional, kindness, and curtesy. I am extremely pleased with outcome from this dealership and standing by their products and word.

They ARE going to cover the deductible.

well...a quick google review...and the general manager Larry Phelps contacted me...

General Manager Larry Phelps has heard my issues, and resolved the issues, with prompt professional, kindness, and curtesy. I am extremely pleased with outcome from this dealership and standing by their products and word.

They ARE going to cover the deductible.
But you shouldn't have had to make a fuss for them to keep their word..

I had to twittershame Nissan before they would honor the warranty on the tranny in my daughters altima.

Shouldn't have had to....but had I not, I would have been stuck with a $3000 bill

this is true, I should not of hand to, but at least its REALLY taken care of now... the inconvenience of a few honest reviews on sites, and the phone call from the GM is worth it in the end.

I had to twittershame Nissan before they would honor the warranty on the tranny in my daughters altima.

Shouldn't have had to....but had I not, I would have been stuck with a $3000 bill

right, I know the tank is around $450...not including the line and labor..granted the warranty is covering that, but still $200 out of pocket, under these circumstances was not cool.

I've had very few issues in the past, but when I did, If the Dealership wouldn't help me, I'd take it to the District Manger. I guess it still works that way. I've never had a District Manager, that Didn't do something for me. Either cover it all, or have me pay $100 deductible.. That $100 deductible, got me a new Paint job, on a car that was 3 months out of warranty!

Keith Hawthorne Ford tried to charge me $60 for nitrogen on a flat tire. 1 tire on a brand new car that was 1 day old, had 65 miles on it. In fairness, I really over a nail but I considered it a courtesy thing. I was told nitrogen had to be used for tire warranty at which point I opened the owner's manual and showed them Michelin calls for compressed air, nitrogen or CO². After a little more arguing and explaining we breathe 78% nitrogen and asking if they pull a vacuum on the tire they gave up and didn't charge me.

Long story short, that's why they are called "stealerships"

^Yeah, I laughed at my friends in the dealerships I am a vendor for when they got the Nitrofill equipment.
They were mostly all buying the BS, and I was just laughing and calling it NitroSteal.
Finally they figured it out and realize that they are basically just selling a road hazard warranty and the actual
nitrogen doesn't do a thing for the tire.

I remember also a news story the local station did about nitrogen and the Garner PD using it. They were riding with one of them and went over a bridge and he said "See, that's a lot smoother than when it's just air in the tires". LOL

^Yeah, I laughed at my friends in the dealerships I am a vendor for when they got the Nitrofill equipment.
They were mostly all buying the BS, and I was just laughing and calling it NitroSteal.
Finally they figured it out and realize that they are basically just selling a road hazard warranty and the actual
nitrogen doesn't do a thing for the tire.

I remember also a news story the local station did about nitrogen and the Garner PD using it. They were riding with one of them and went over a bridge and he said "See, that's a lot smoother than when it's just air in the tires". LOL

Wasnt there a huge multipage thread in one of the earliest incarnations of this forum on nitrogen filled tires?
Back in the window ac in the back glass days?

Wasnt there a huge multipage thread in one of the earliest incarnations of this forum on nitrogen filled tires?
Back in the window ac in the back glass days?
I remember someone saying it would increase mpg because nitro was lighter than air.

There is a thread from around 2008 that a search will turn up.
There is an even older thread, like definitely pre-2006 because I remember where I was reading it and where I worked etc. At least I think I do...

I just remember some dude from out west who claimed his dad had worked for Nasa or some shit and had cahsd in his entire 401k to bet ont eh nitrogen tire fill wave. Dude had websites and links and research papers all very well written but lacking any real world application.

@shawn would have to fill in the gaps but we lost a bunch of old posts once. Of course all the old BBS/NCTTOR stuff is gone but even some of the early nc4x4 (under Rob S ownership) stuff got lost if I remember correctly. Or atleast it isnt in the searchable database.

Just like the window AC unit...I mean for a few days we had 100k visitors and folks from Australia checking in..back when the forum had maybe 250 members...

There is a thread from around 2008 that a search will turn up.
There is an even older thread, like definitely pre-2006 because I remember where I was reading it and where I worked etc. At least I think I do...

I just remember some dude from out west who claimed his dad had worked for Nasa or some shit and had cahsd in his entire 401k to bet ont eh nitrogen tire fill wave. Dude had websites and links and research papers all very well written but lacking any real world application.

@shawn would have to fill in the gaps but we lost a bunch of old posts once. Of course all the old BBS/NCTTOR stuff is gone but even some of the early nc4x4 (under Rob S ownership) stuff got lost if I remember correctly. Or atleast it isnt in the searchable database.

Just like the window AC unit...I mean for a few days we had 100k visitors and folks from Australia checking in..back when the forum had maybe 250 members...

This is the oldest one I could find. I was around back then, but don't remember this discussion.

nitrogen in tires

I remember someone saying it would increase mpg because nitro was lighter than air.

All the mileage increase claims came from the assumption that you did not maintain correct air pressure when your tires were filled with standard air vs. always properly inflated with nitrogen. Basically saying you get better mileage if you tires are properly filled at 32 psig vs. when they are at 20 psig.

All the mileage increase claims came from the assumption that you did not maintain correct air pressure when your tires were filled with standard air vs. always properly inflated with nitrogen. Basically saying you get better mileage if you tires are properly filled at 32 psig vs. when they are at 20 psig.
Nitrogen Filled Tires-$40!!??

That thread was before my time here, hell I didn't even have a drivers license when that thread was posted.
I actually had a running jeep that I took wheeling back then. Every once and a while i'll dig out my dvd from callalante labor day 08. It will motivate me to work on my tj for about an hour.

Nah, everything from 2005 to the present is still here. The older stuff gets harder to find because the search engine weights more recent posts higher than older ones.

Back