Pocket Knife - Options

Not all Kershaw knives are made in the USA. Some blades are from Japan. With that being said, they by far have the warranty in the business. I sell about 7-8 knives a week

Went with the Spyderco Centofante III

http://www.spyderco.com/catalog/details.php?product=24

I own a couple of Spyderco's and they are great knives. ^Japan VG-10 steel.

*******Thanks for all the comments! Lots of good ones.
I guess you have already bought them? Since you travel to Valdese alot I was going to recommend you to visit the knife store in Drexel. We use to call it The Big ''C''. The old guy is a whole seller but will sell to the public cheeeeeap!

Went with the Spyderco Centofante III

http://www.spyderco.com/catalog/details.php?product=24

I own a couple of Spyderco's and they are great knives. ^Japan VG-10 steel.

*******Thanks for all the comments! Lots of good ones.

Good Choice! Any spyderco VG-10 knife is assured to be quality. I admit, I am a little of a Spyderco fanboy, but just because after owning all the other knives, I have decided what I like. I will only Carry ESEE fixed blades, and Spyderco folders. Right now I carry a RAT/ESEE RC-3 in the woods and a Digital Camo Paramilitary the rest of the time. (i also love reading the CPM-S30V blade that says: "Golden, Colorado, USA, Earth" as the place of origin.)

I like Columbia River Knife & Tool (CRKT). Good quality products and reasonable prices. You can get some really nice knives in the $30-$60 range.

SOG and Benchmade make awesome stuff too. But depending on how many groomsmen you have, you can break the bank QUICK on relatively small blades... especially from Benchmade.

I like Columbia River Knife & Tool (CRKT). Good quality products and reasonable prices. You can get some really nice knives in the $30-$60 range.
SOG and Benchmade make awesome stuff too. But depending on how many groomsmen you have, you can break the bank QUICK on relatively small blades... especially from Benchmade.

I second CRKT. I carry a CRKT Kommer Full Throttle with me pretty much all the time. Ive had it about 3 years now, and the blade is still just as sharp as it was on day 1.

Gerber and SOG have been my choice in the past. But, since I'm now out of the field and into the office, my Old Timer is the choice. But, gotta keep an eye out on the Old Timers. A couple years ago they moved production overseas so they aren't made in the US anymore. I got lucky and found one, made in USA, at a flea market. Damn nice knife, much better than the China one I had before...

I prefer the knife you never have to sharpen.
20171019_111114.jpg

I'm pretty sure the op has figuered this out by now. May have even had time to pick out groomsman gifts for his second wedding.

I'm pretty sure the op has figuered this out by now. May have even had time to pick out groomsman gifts for his second wedding.
You know what's sad? I saw the thread and remembered most of the discussion.

My new favorite is also a Kershaw assisted but its the Blur. Still a USA made one, but slightly bigger. Instead of having a flipper to deploy the knife it uses a thumb stud but opens super fast. Really, all the Ken Onion Speedsafe knives that Kershaw puts out are great in my opinion.

Lol. Yes, the groomsmen got Spydercos 7 YEARS AGO ha. Way to revive an old thread guys. For the record, I'm still happily married. My wife and I just finished a thru-hike of the Appalachian Trail together so I think I'm good for the long haul. Still have a Spyderco in my pocket as of now.

Lol. Yes, the groomsmen got Spydercos 7 YEARS AGO ha. Way to revive an old thread guys. For the record, I'm still happily married. My wife and I just finished a thru-hike of the Appalachian Trail together so I think I'm good for the long haul. Still have a Spyderco in my pocket as of now.
Happy to hear that. Not sure how this got pulled from the depths. I guess @superman27344 searched for best pocket knife for a 4x4 club that doesnt like jeeps:flipoff2:

I only carry Spyderco or SOG. SOG is my carry knife right now.

So I have completely changed from 7 years ago. My go to knife now is a Kershaw, one of the last American made knives with a warranty.

So I have completely changed from 7 years ago. My go to knife now is a Kershaw, one of the last American made knives with a warranty.
Benchmade

A little more, lots more worth it

Back