Post up your weekend project!!

RobMcBee

Slow n easy when you're not gettin greasy....
The best thing you can do for any lawn is a good irrigation system. So after turning my dust storm of a front and back yard into a nice green carpet, I decided to tear it up again. Thank god I have a father in law that is a landscape and irrigation contractor and will work for beer and steaks!!

IMAG1707.jpg
IMAG1708.jpg
IMAG1709.jpg
IMAG1710.jpg
IMAG1711.jpg
IMAG1712.jpg
IMAG1713.jpg

...... it's no wonder I cant finish my Jeep.....

Last edited:
Nice! I am thinking about doing this too, but I will probably have to pay someone to install the system for me. I get tired of moving my sprinkler around every morning.

That was my deal. I had two in the front yard run off my well. Id have to meov them every time I mowed the grass then set them back up again. A PITA but it worked. I'd give you his number but I think you're a bit far off. I probably had around 8-900 in materials and a weekend of hard labor.

looks good! its hard to finish the jeep when the grill is hanging above the doors of the shop!! haha I work for Comporium and located the phone and cable tv drops at your house. that and the guard bird you have hiding in the cable tv box on the side of the house that attacked me when I went to finish opening it up shes got a nice nest and eggs in there too!

looks good! its hard to finish the jeep when the grill is hanging above the doors of the shop!! haha I work for Comporium and located the phone and cable tv drops at your house. that and the guard bird you have hiding in the cable tv box on the side of the house that attacked me when I went to finish opening it up shes got a nice nest and eggs in there too!

LOL You jealous of my decoratin style! Thats the old grill, I'm guessing you seen the front end over to the side of my garage then. The bird moved in and before I noticed there was eggs in there. I'll evict her when they are gone. That cable box is a mess. Half that crap needs to be cut out. Thanks for coming out!

I am interested in learning how to make my yard a dust bowl like you said you used to have. I hate to mow.

Lots of trees and dont ever maintain your yard like the previous owners... I think we cut down 15 or so trees.

Pine trees will kill grass in a heartbeat. Pinestraw and all the other crap they drop will choke out the grass and make a nice layer of organic material that you don't have to mow!

I got tired of the rotten wood on the side porch and the overgrown holly bush/tree.

Took my jeep and pulled them up.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432521689.103324.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432521701.720476.jpg

Pulled up all the roots and and the liriope at the same time. Made for easy cleanup on the first one.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432521819.705246.jpg

Put down landscape fabric and edging. New mulch. Built the new side porch rails. Got a couple barrel bottoms and get flowers in them as place holders until we get the Japanese Maples we want for either side of the sidewalk.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432521910.051977.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432521923.994304.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432521933.690890.jpg

Also put out all our yard art we picked up at the autofair in Charlotte

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432521965.052211.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432521974.840042.jpg

Hijack:/off]

I got tired of the rotten wood on the side porch and the overgrown holly bush/tree.

Took my jeep and pulled them up.

View attachment 187930

View attachment 187931

Pulled up all the roots and and the liriope at the same time. Made for easy cleanup on the first one.

View attachment 187933

Put down landscape fabric and edging. New mulch. Built the new side porch rails. Got a couple barrel bottoms and get flowers in them as place holders until we get the Japanese Maples we want for either side of the sidewalk.

View attachment 187935

View attachment 187936

View attachment 187937

Also put out all our yard art we picked up at the autofair in Charlotte

View attachment 187938

View attachment 187939

Hijack:/off]
You can save some money on Japanese maples by buying seedlings on ebay. Just takes a little more work to get them started before planting.

Hijack away.... Looks good!! Got bored this weekend and decided to build some steps into my upper back yard. Our yard is separated by the dog fence and we had to walk around the house to lay in the hammock.....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 420
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 451
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 427
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 465
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 445
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 445
No pics, but I planted four crepe myrtles in the yeard and transplanted a 3-year old maple tree that had randomly seeded in an unused soil pot a couple of years ago.

Wheeled Harlan, limped off Mason Jar due to broken steering arm studs. So my day today consisted of removing the broken studs, then regearing and installing an ARB in @Barnes4wd shop JK.
BTW, special thanks to @Mac5005's dad @moldman05 for helping me out when I was broken. I got to spot him up the trail some and it was a pleasure to meet him!

Last edited:
Well, I finally got around to modifying my rear bumper so it would stop plowing grooves in all the berms at URE. Once I got started, I decided to run to pullapart and get a tire carrier to add on to it too. Still needs paint and some minor adjusting but I am happy with how it turned out.
20150522_154201.jpg
20150522_201152.jpg
20150523_210319.jpg
20150524_155113.jpg

I put up 200' of fence in the woods to make my chicken coop big enough for a mini pot bellied pig to live comfortably. Put metal roofing on my chicken coop, ran a down spout to a water bowl. Finished a locust trellis. Most importantly, I played with two of the finest kids in the planet.

I put up 200' of fence in the woods to make my chicken coop big enough for a mini pot bellied pig to live comfortably. Put metal roofing on my chicken coop, ran a down spout to a water bowl. Finished a locust trellis. Most importantly, I played with two of the finest kids in the planet.

Where did you find locust? I'd like to get some for a few of my yard projects.

Where did you find locust? I'd like to get some for a few of my yard projects.

Its all firewood I've cut. I have access to different pieces of land and just go get it. I'll cut it in 6-8' lengths to get it out of the woods and then bring it home. I use it for projects and then cut the rest up for firewood.

I've got an arborist buddy who sells logs. If you want I'll ask prices. Black Mtn isn't too far from Ft Mill.

Back