Post up your weekend project!!

I think I know that spot... But last time my wife and I were there it was not as deep... Barely any water in it at all. That was years ago...

It started out as just mowing, then replaced all the hoses on the loader for my tractor ( hose press on my work van makes this REALLY convenient) then got to talking to a neighbor who had several truck loads of gravel he needed to dispose of so I was running between my house and his 1/3yd at a time right up until a rock punctured a tire on the tractor, then it was tire tear down, trip to Agri-Supply replace both front tires ( 18yrs old,it was time) came home, mounted the new tires/tubes and proceeded to haul several more loads, 18 trips in all. Graded out part of the driveway. Much more to do, need more gravel.....

Since its spring time go bumb it this back up. I had to crappy plastic pond liners in the back yard both leaked so I started digging this Morning....
auploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20160402_c8f8922faaef747bb851d705a10690c7.jpg
auploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20160402_9283d483670ede1ce6d4a1c9f87439e3.jpg
auploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20160402_104931fc967223a9790e96696df44861.jpg
ended up being three levels 4ft at its deepest about 11ft across. Ordered my pond liner so get that and a filtration system in and some mulch and let my girlfriend plant some flowers and call it done

Finished this up today.... Our motorhome just had a dinky storage tube for the sewer hose, that the "good" rhino and other hoses wouldn't fit in. I didn't want to give up one of the big storage compartments for a sewer hose. There was plenty of room behind the door where the dump valves are, so I built an aluminum box in there to hold the hose and connectors. 16 ga aluminum sheet, 1x1x16ga sq. tube corners, riveted together. Doesn't weigh much, and hose is light, so it should hold up fine. Over 200 3/16 rivets hold it together and in place.

16" long x 15" tall x 24" front to back

asanlee.smugmug.com_Toys_2015_Winnebago_Brave_Misc_projects_i_TFRF7Sw_0_L_20160402_163051_L.jpg

Finished this up today.... Our motorhome just had a dinky storage tube for the sewer hose, that the "good" rhino and other hoses wouldn't fit in. I didn't want to give up one of the big storage compartments for a sewer hose. There was plenty of room behind the door where the dump valves are, so I built an aluminum box in there to hold the hose and connectors. 16 ga aluminum sheet, 1x1x16ga sq. tube corners, riveted together. Doesn't weigh much, and hose is light, so it should hold up fine. Over 200 3/16 rivets hold it together and in place.

16" long x 15" tall x 24" front to back

View attachment 214194
That's some nice shit!!

Finished the removable fenders on the trailer.

upload_2016-4-2_16-45-33.png

Almost finished building the picnic table for the deck, but I am hating how much the composite decking I want to use to finish it costs.

upload_2016-4-2_16-42-18.png

Then picked up a free motorcycle to turn into a cafe racer style. We will see how it turns out.

upload_2016-4-2_16-45-9.png

upload_2016-4-2_16-44-52.png

Twice in a weekend? Better go get some scratch offs while your doing good

This has been planned for a while. The bike is a 200cc Chinese bike. Needs a carb and a gas tank. Not even sure if it will run after that but we think it will. The bike isn't worth much. Should be fun to chop though.

The boat is one of my friends grandparents boats that hasn't been in the water in a few years. My house has the land to store it and the tools to fix it. It is his but I have access to it whenever I want. Hopefully we can get it started up next weekend. Been in the works since thanksgiving.

My first bike was a chopped up Suzuki 500 gs that we made a café racer out of. It was so light I could ride up and under guys with heavier bikes on the parkway but they could leave me anytime they wanted in the straights

My first bike was a chopped up Suzuki 500 gs that we made a café racer out of. It was so light I could ride up and under guys with heavier bikes on the parkway but they could leave me anytime they wanted in the straights

Nice. I have a Ducati hypermotard Evo SP for the twistes (middle bike in the pic of my bikes)

We had a patio built last summer along with about a 60' long stone path around the screened in porch leading to the back door of the garage. My wife wanted a shorter version of the same style path coming off the patio leading out into the grass. I watched how they built it and decided to try and do it myself. My son enjoyed helping me put all the pea gravel in between the stepping stones. This was my first time doing anything like this. I'm happy with how it turned out.

photo 4.JPG

Last edited:
Since its spring time go bumb it this back up. I had to crappy plastic pond liners in the back yard both leaked so I started digging this Morning.... View attachment 214180View attachment 214181View attachment 214182 ended up being three levels 4ft at its deepest about 11ft across. Ordered my pond liner so get that and a filtration system in and some mulch and let my girlfriend plant some flowers and call it done

Dammit Avery, do something besides just sitting there.

Since its spring time go bumb it this back up. I had to crappy plastic pond liners in the back yard both leaked so I started digging this Morning.... ended up being three levels 4ft at its deepest about 11ft across. Ordered my pond liner so get that and a filtration system in and some mulch and let my girlfriend plant some flowers and call it done

That a fish pond you are building?

My wife has been talking about wanting me to build one for a couple of years.

Ya I had two of the plastic liners from Lowe's one steeped over the other to make a waterfall but they always leaked bad so I said screw it and started digging

Where did you order the liner? Local or internet? I guess I need to start learning.

EBay not local place carried a big enough liner. I just kinda guessed on the size I would need. It's about 10 around and 4.5 ft deep at its deepest so I ordered 20x20 I figure that's more than I'll need but I'd rather have more than not enough

Back