Prayers for Snappys family

1983Bronco

For those of you that know Chris Brower aka "Snappy" you know that he is one of the most friendly and giving people around. Like me he hasn't been as involved in the 4x4 community lately due to family and other obligations. For those that don't know him when he was wheeling or racing ECORS he was always the guy that would literally give you parts of his jeep to keep you in the race or on the trail. Always good for a laugh and a helping hand. Unfortunately Mason, one of his sons lost his life today due to a tragic 4 wheeler accident. I believe he was only 15 years old. Please lift his family up in your thoughts and prayers as they go through this tragic time.

The text below was copied from his Facebook page

On Sunday, September 13, 2020, Mason Long was enjoying a fun time with friends doing something that he loved; riding 4 wheelers with good friends and enjoying the great outdoors. Through no fault of anyone, Mason had an accident that led to injuries that were more than his body could recover from. We, Mason‘s family, would like to thank our friends, family and the community for the outpouring of love and support shown to us during this difficult time. Please join us in remembering the goodness and sweetness of Mason and live in such a way that honors that. We take comfort in knowing that he was dearly loved by many and will not be forgotten. Please continue to remember us in the difficult days ahead............

I know there is a event coming up in a couple weeks in uwharrie, lets all come together and take up a collection for the family or honor his sons memory in some way. Im not sure who is organizing the event but please let me know how we could help make this possible.

Dang, that's bad. Sorry to hear this. Condolences to Snappy and family.

Good dude. Has had more than his share of crosses to bare the last few years.
Actually good dude doesn't do him justice.
One of a kind.

Breaks my heart.
Fly high, Mason.
God be with this family...thanks for posting Brad.

Gods speed

This is tragic for ANYONE to have to deal with. Prayers for the whole family. Breaks my heart period, but for someone as genuine, caring and giving as Chris, that ads another level of sadness to this :( So very horrible.

Prayers for Snappy and his family. Truly at a loss, like a gut punch when I found out.

This is a parent's worst nightmare. I literally said the other day you never know the true meaning of the phrase "having a child is like having your heart walk around outside of your body for the rest of your life" until you're a parent. Thoughts and prayers to the family.

I know there is a event coming up in a couple weeks in uwharrie, lets all come together and take up a collection for the family or honor his sons memory in some way. Im not sure who is organizing the event but please let me know how we could help make this possible.
Hope I'm not out of line on this, but I think it's warranted. I'd like to make a motion to donate the shirt proceeds as @GotWood mentioned to the family. Hopefully we can tact on to that as well over the weekend.

Chris is about as nice a person as I have meet. Thoughts and prayers to you Chris and your family during this most difficult of times. Having lost a step daughter at 20 I can tell you this can break a person.

This is a great loss as the kids have always been Chris's #1 priority. He would and did do everything in his power for his kids. I can't tell you the number of stories and struggles we spoke of on our trips to the ECORS races. This one hits deep and we all need to reach out to him as well as lifting up his family and Masons friends in our prayers. RIP Mason you will forever be in our hearts.

For all interested i will keep a bucket at my camper at the upcoming meet for anyone wanting to donate for the family, also if needed I have the regular apps if needed.

Last edited:
Back